noise while turining on dirty roads

a couple of times while ive been driveing on country roads (usually covered in road debris and leaves/trigs etc etc etc) i have noticed a noise from the rear of the car while turning through tight hairpins.

its intermitent as if its something catching on the wheel or brake disk.

today it did it round left hand hairpins (a road i was on today has some awsome switchbacks) and a few months back while going round not quite so tight right handers.

i have checked under tha car and nothing is loose or fouling anything else

i have noticed now and then the defuser gets full of leaves and crap but that seems clean.

i also hd a look on the inside of the disk (where the abs ring is) and that had no debris inside

its as if some debris gets caught somewhere and contacts the wheel or brakes at cetain amounts of lean.

as i said it only ever does it now and then on dirty country lanes

i have noticed my rear brakes dont have a shield which i notice some other RS clios do have, im thinking maybe its just some rubbish getting caught up behind the disk from time to time.

anyone had a similar thing?

Not had anything like that myself mate. What kind of noise is it? Grinding, squeaking etc. I have had my rear discs squeaking before whilst turning - admittedly normally at low speeds, but this was caused by a build up of crud and was cured by stripping and cleaning them down. It kept them quiet for about 6mths, its starting to come back so I will be stripping them again next month.

its like a grinding noise. it only does it very now and then on very tight corners. i think its either the wheelarch liner touching or crap behind the brake disc

Have you checked everything is secure in the 'spare wheel well tool kit thingy' ?

Thats the technical term btw :lol:

'spare wheel well tool kit thingy' ?

Thats the technical term btw :lol:[/QUOTE]

is that what its called was never to sure lol
:rofl: