No. 320/500

Picked up my second R27 a few weeks ago. Number 320. It's in Racing Blue and I think I'm right in saying one of 36 in this colour?

zWdBjeZg.jpeg

I bought it in England and is now in Northern Ireland

Full decals
Front splitter
Cup spoiler

Have got number 482 will post pics when I master new I pad
Car is in met blue with recaros zenon lights and cornering lights am keeping car standard just keeping as near to standard as poss
Am looking for a 197 alloy in grey to keep as a good spare if any one as got one
Ps car is located in somerset

I bought this car about a year and a half ago from Daniel, fitted a fair mods to it since then.

Still going great! Got a full suspension refresh (shocks, grams springs, anti rotation links, drop links and top mounts) coming for it in the next few weeks.

Now has a fair list of mods, some of which were fitted by Daniel and previous owners:

H+R Springs
Clio 200 Diffuser
KTR Resonated Cat Back
KTR Decat Pipe
KTR Intake
Lowered Drivers Seat
Royal Steering Wheels Alcantara Wheel
Full Renaultsport/Cup bodykit (Splitter, side skirts and spoiler)
ZeroPointOne Shifter
Calibre Suzuka Alloys + 215 45 R17 AD08R Tyres
Spinal Studios Custom Dials
White SMD LED Dash Conversion
Godspeed Disks Front and Rear
Ferodo Racing DS2500 Front Pads
HEL Braided Brake Lines Front and Rear
Powerflex Purple Upper Torque Mount
Coil Pack Stud + Nut Conversion
Genuine Renault Sunglasses Holder
Sony DSX-A416BT Headunit

IMG_20200530_192749.jpg

I should have also said, if you want to see more of it, follow my Instagram @AL05SUL

Just got the delivery in with the new suspension part in today, hopefully get some time over the weekend to get them fitted!

Here's some more photos of it so the thread doesn't look so empty. IMG_20200613_204349.jpgIMG_20200530_192654.jpgIMG_20200520_082757.jpgIMG_20200520_080943.jpgIMG_20200815_161833.jpg

Little update on the Clio as it's been a while!

I swapped out the H+R Springs for some Grams springs, after letting them settle in its all feeling much less firm now but still handles brilliantly when you start pushing on it, I put new cup shocks, top mounts, drop links and anti rotation links in at the same time and the handling is night and day difference.

Last week I managed to crack the sump on the car while 350 miles from home, luckily it was only leaking slowly so I was able to get to where I was going safely. After leaving the car there for a week with the oil draining out and me having no tools with me, I bought some steel epoxy (JB Weld) and I've managed to seal the crack more or less, there is a small leak which is dripping at a very slow rate, less than once per hour. Got a new sump delivered and I'll get it over the Gary Spooner aka "The Clio Man" next week to get that put on!

Looking to get a 4 wheel alignment done too, so if anyone knows anywhere in Hampshire/close to Portsmouth that can do this and is good at it please let me know!

IMG_20200824_140952.jpg
New rear set up.
IMG_20200827_144936.jpg
Fronts almost in.
IMG_20200829_111408__01.jpg
New ride height with them settled in, the rear sits approx 10mm lower and the front is about the same.
FB_IMG_1601557355256.jpg
Crack in sump.
Screenshot_20201001-145106.jpg
JB Weld temporary repair job.

I'll try and post updates more often, but sometimes life just gets in the way!

No photos for this update, but car has had the sump changed by Gary Spooner. When the car was up in the air I was very surprised at how well that temporary repair was holding the oil, lost about 100-200ml over the course of a week and 450 miles!

Getting it booked in for its MOT in the next few weeks and I don't see anything that it could fail on apart from the check emissions light on the dash, I'll get that cleared before putting it in and see how it goes!

How are you finding the new suspension setup now? I was considering some Bilsteins, but now I'm very tempted to go with the same setup as yourself, brand new cup shocks, grams springs (over the H+Rs i already have), all new linkages and ball joints, and I want to pull the subframe off over winter and and get all that looking tidy so probably polybush it all while I'm at it!

Loving the progress, keep up the good work

Reactions: Dirty
How are you finding the new suspension setup now? I was considering some Bilsteins, but now I'm very tempted to go with the same setup as yourself, brand new cup shocks, grams springs (over the H+Rs i already have), all new linkages and ball joints, and I want to pull the subframe off over winter and and get all that looking tidy so probably polybush it all while I'm at it!

Loving the progress, keep up the good work

Gary recommended the grams springs to me and he's been in the Clio trade for years. I feel like they handle as well as the H+Rs but are no where near as harsh, the rear sits slightly lower too which I like.

I would like to polybush a lot of mine to tighten it up a little more!

Cool! Cheers for the reply! Used to love a properly firm car, but I'm not getting any younger , wouldn't mind alittle more comfort haha

Cool! Cheers for the reply! Used to love a properly firm car, but I'm not getting any younger , wouldn't mind alittle more comfort haha

Yeah, I was the same, but I do a lot of motorway driving these days and I cannot have such a firm car anymore lol. The Recaros are pretty decent at softening it I think though!

Just a little update for the new year! Hope you all had a good new year!

Managed to pick up an Akrapovic just before Christmas and have it fitted now, a very good bit of kit, the quality and thought that looks to have gone into it is very impressive.

Next up is a load of carbon skinned parts, some interior trim pieces, cup spoiler end plates, and door bullets. Potentially going to get the door handles redone in body colour too.

Reactions: RSRowe
That’s what I’ve got currently. Sounds ace from outside, but it’s noisyyyyyy in the cabin with it being stripped

Reactions: Dirty