NG 197 with R27 Kit

mattrs182

Paid Member
After owning many 172/182's I bit the bullet the weekend and purchased my first ever 197. I am very surprised to how similar to the 182 in terms of driving it is, I still have a track 182 so wouldn't mind chucking this one round Donington later in the year.

Car has the following

- Climate control
- Cruise Control
- Speed Limiter
- R27 kit (not sure if genuine, If you can help me tell that would be great)
- Refurbed alloys
- Clio 200 rear diffuser and guessing exhaust as its not aftermarket
- Not sure if lowered, Looks subtle but feels pretty hard

If anyone knows any info on this car please PM, I couldn't see anything on here or Cliosport.net ....Kinda worrying but drives great, Booked in with Mick and Diamond for health check and B service as I have intention on getting this mint and keeping it for the long run, I plan on doing some of the following

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• IMG_1650.JPG
    IMG_1650.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1651.JPG
    IMG_1651.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1652.JPG
    IMG_1652.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1653.JPG
    IMG_1653.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1654.JPG
    IMG_1654.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 73
Looks a nice Nimbus you have there..

It may be “cup” packed usual giveaway by red calipers!

doesn’t look like an R27 as it would have the recaro seats but doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t as previous owner could’ve sold them.

easiest way to check is it’ll have a number plaque on the centre console area

It more called the aero styling pack. It comes with the front splitter, side skirts and cup spoiler.

looks genuine

As Beany said, they were optional extras on all cars, not just R27s. The splitter will be genuine as no one makes reps of them and side skirts will most likely be genuine (only recently reps have been made), spoiler could be 50/50, but if the rest is genuine it probably will be too (have a look as the side plates on spoiler, if it says "Renault Sport" it will most likely be genuine, unless someone put genuine side plates on a rep spoiler lol)

Also you have a 200 rear diffuser which is also desirable, looks quite a tidy car.
Some projector headlights (straight swap) and some spacers will finish it off nicely.

Thanks, It has Renault sport imprinted in the front splitter, Side skirts and end of the spoiler so I assumed it is genuine. I forgot to mention it has a filter which sounds alright if im honest so will be keeping that!

Were the projector headlights an extra? Would love xenons

Thanks, It has Renault sport imprinted in the front splitter, Side skirts and end of the spoiler so I assumed it is genuine. I forgot to mention it has a filter which sounds alright if im honest so will be keeping that!

Were the projector headlights an extra? Would love xenons

Yeah then i'd assume all genuine.

Yes they were, for projectors you can just swap them over (only thing that won't work is "cornering lights" but it's only an extra thing, so doesn't matter).
They look better as they have black inserts, especially on a Nimbus it makes a big difference (I did it on mine), I then can run LED dipped beams which has made vision at night way better.
You can get them off any MK3 Clio (non-RS, they're not expensive).

Xenon's are a lot more work (headlight is same design as projector), you also need to cut holes for headlight washers etc.

You can get them off any MK3 Clio (non-RS, they're not expensive).
So what ar do these projectors come on? Deffo going to try and get some

I said above, as seen in quote.

Type in "Clio 3 headlights" on eBay, there are loads on there, can get a pair for like £60, like I said they're plug and play, but dipped beam is H1 instead of H7 you currently have, I upgraded to LEDs for better night vision, also take the opportunity to change all the bulbs, as it's a pain to do them when everything is back in place.

Brill! Thanks Suj, just read through your project thread, man you have add yours mint!

im going to bid on some headlights now haha, seen you live in Birmingham? Me tooo hopefully see you around!

Reactions: suj

Brill! Thanks Suj, just read through your project thread, man you have add yours mint!

im going to bid on some headlights now haha, seen you live in Birmingham? Me tooo hopefully see you around!

No problem, they make such a big difference, I look back at the standards like why? lol

Haha thanks, it really isn't mint, I wish it was, but mechanically it is great.

Oh no way, where in Brum are you from? I live near Longbridge.

Sutton Coldfield, well impressed with the 197 so far! But have only done 150 mile in it haha

got it booked in for a full service and health check with mick At diamond so hoping there is nothing too serious wrong haha

Yeah it's a great car, especially on a nice country lane.

Mick is great, there is also RS Four Ashes (which you probably know having had a MK2).

You're not far at all, got @adam thomas (Meg engined 197) in Coleshill and @PITA (soon to be Supercharged 200) in Solihull too.

Yeah it's a great car, especially on a nice country lane.

Mick is great, there is also RS Four Ashes (which you probably know having had a MK2).

You're not far at all, got @adam thomas (Meg engined 197) in Coleshill and @PITA (soon to be Supercharged 200) in Solihull too.
Awww you're always thinking of me [emoji3059]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

• Haha