Newbie!

Hi all!

Previously owned a 197 cup sold it many moons ago and had all sorts E46 M3, DC2, RS4 and I've just had to go back to a small hot hatch! As bang for buck you can't beat it! Picking up a liquid yellow 200 on friday and can't wait!

Few things after replacing the steering wheel as its a bit tatty suggestions would be great.
Also the car doesn't have recaros which wasn't to much of any issues as id like some buckets anyway. Ive been thinking corbeau club sports as they look similar to recaro pole positions without the monster price tag!
And finally the wheels all round need a refurb but would like to maybe chuck the money towards something else. What would you suggest again....

Thanks!

Tom

Reactions: Beany
Welcome aboard and pics of tr current and previous motors are more than welcome

Hello Tom, and welcome to the forum! We've said it before, but it's so good to see that people come/return to a Clio RS after driving some serious metal - it just goes to show what capable cars they are!

Hope you enjoy the site! Plenty of inspiration on here!

Reactions: tkoh12
Hello Tom, and welcome to the forum! We've said it before, but it's so good to see that people come/return to a Clio RS after driving some serious metal - it just goes to show what capable cars they are!

Hope you enjoy the site! Plenty of inspiration on here!

Thanks for the welcome ill be looking into the memberships where is it again!:oops:

Yeah i just love the whole go kart thing and my RS4 at the moment as mega as it is its just a muscle car!

Reactions: Jimmy
If you hover over your username at the top of the page, in the drop down box you will see an option for Memberships :wink: They start at £5 for full access to the forum.

I'm sure plenty on here wouldn't mind a blast in an RS4, but they'd probably want to keep their Clio too :smile:

Welcome back!

Good to hear you've gone on to try some other very nice cars (E46 is the clear winner obviously, not biased...) and come back to the Clio.

As for any advice... my number one for these cars would always be proper suspension. It's really all it needs. Maybe some better pads and breathing mods. But having done a few bits to ours, if I was doing it again, suspension would definitely be the first thing. Costs a few pennies but it's SO worth it.

Welcome to the Forum Tom....

Oh.....you've bought one already i see. In that case: Welcome to the Club !!! :smile:

Good to have another fellow petrol-head amongst us. Especially one who likes posting piccies.....

Enjoy your stay.

Welcome back!

Good to hear you've gone on to try some other very nice cars (E46 is the clear winner obviously, not biased...) and come back to the Clio.

As for any advice... my number one for these cars would always be proper suspension. It's really all it needs. Maybe some better pads and breathing mods. But having done a few bits to ours, if I was doing it again, suspension would definitely be the first thing. Costs a few pennies but it's SO worth it.

Ha thanks for the advice what are the options for suspension set ups?

quite a few of us are running the B14's and we all are tremendously happy with them..a good compromise between a daily drive and occasional track use..

quite a few of us are running the B14's and we all are tremendously happy with them..a good compromise between a daily drive and occasional track use..

That sounds promising as that will be exactly what I'm doing! Do they require any drop links to be replaced?

old suspension out,new in..no need for any other modifications..just make sure you get a kit for a 2010 onward as there was a top mount change that year..

What are the bilsteins like as they seem to be a good chunk cheaper than KW which is unusual for Bilstein

2 options on Billies. Standard or custom.

Standard are really good but a little soft for really serious work and not adjustable.

If you can stretch to it, a custom set can be made to your specs and be adjustable to have road setting and a track setting.

The standard ones are easily the best bang for buck on the market I think. Only heard glowing reports from everyone who has fitted them.

Reactions: Pav and tkoh12

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4
R Clio 197 Area 6