Hi!

Another newbie, didn't realise this forum existed so generally lurk in the back ground of the 'other' Clio sport site!

Owned an RS200 (to be fair, it's the wife's car) which some total herbert nicked £500 quids worth of trim off one night.
Sold that back to Renault and bought the wife a 182, but secretly, she lusted after an albi blue 197, which we've just bought.

Pesonally drive a V6 TT, but tempted to sell it and use the 182 for a while!!

Ianboom.

Hi Ian!!! :smile:

How do you find the TT as a drivers car compared to the Clios?

Thanks for the replys.

Personally think the 182 has more low end poke, but cold tickover is pants as it revs a little, but I prefer it. 197 like the 200 has a bit of a flat spot just off tickover, but has a nice light clutch and is nicer to drive but perhaps with a little less feel that the 182?? 200 had pin sharp steering, but it was new.

TT is a V6, and after driving daily with the DSG box, both the 182 and the 197 are much more rewarding to drive, but getting back in the TT, the motor is imense, it has so much torque/power from nowhere. But, the TT is a bit of a GT car, it is brilliant on a fast B road, A road or a motorway, but for day to day driving around town (I commute 5 miles to work, but cannot get to work without driving over least 2 speed humps!), I think the extra comfort and better build quality of the 197 takes the biscuit. Shame it has silly faults like the seat bolster wear, same silly steering wheel splitting in the sun etc.

To be honest, I have the TT for sale and am tempted to use the 182 for commuting to work and track days, or buy a 197 in nimbus and and do the same.

Cheers, Ianboom.

Thanks for the replys.

Personally think the 182 has more low end poke, but cold tickover is pants as it revs a little, but I prefer it. 197 like the 200 has a bit of a flat spot just off tickover, but has a nice light clutch and is nicer to drive but perhaps with a little less feel that the 182?? 200 had pin sharp steering, but it was new.

TT is a V6, and after driving daily with the DSG box, both the 182 and the 197 are much more rewarding to drive, but getting back in the TT, the motor is imense, it has so much torque/power from nowhere. But, the TT is a bit of a GT car, it is brilliant on a fast B road, A road or a motorway, but for day to day driving around town (I commute 5 miles to work, but cannot get to work without driving over least 2 speed humps!), I think the extra comfort and better build quality of the 197 takes the biscuit. Shame it has silly faults like the seat bolster wear, same silly steering wheel splitting in the sun etc.

To be honest, I have the TT for sale and am tempted to use the 182 for commuting to work and track days, or buy a 197 in nimbus and and do the same.

Cheers, Ianboom.

Hi Ian, interesting about the TT being not as comfy as Clio.

On the look out for a runabout and the TT(3.2) was on the list, along with a Clio 197 (hence just joined the site), a VXR, 350z and as an outside dark horse, a spec C scoobie.
Still not sure which way to go.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4
R Clio 197 Area 6