New track rod ends right or wrong??

Got 2 track rod ends today and they are different looking from the ones on my 197. The ones on it atm have a larger shoulder where the new ones are tapered. Is the shoulder some kind of spacer that needs to be transferred onto the new ones? Any help would be good. Here's a pic of the ones on it just now ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418319197.803815.jpg and the new ones that came today ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418319302.392695.jpg

Got 2 track rod ends today and they are different looking from the ones on my 197. The ones on it atm have a larger shoulder where the new ones are tapered. Is the shoulder some kind of spacer that needs to be transferred onto the new ones? Any help would be good. Here's a pic of the ones on it just now View attachment 10906 and the new ones that came today View attachment 10907

Hi mate i had this problem last thursday!! The sleeve is off your hub carrier and has welded/seized to the track rod end! Make sure you remove from the old track rod and chap back onto your hub carrier or the new one you fit will come loose because its not seated correctly!! You need to make sure you do this mate. To remove from the old t r e i just put it in a vice and used a pry bar.

Cheers mate, i thought as much but didn't know for sure. I also got genuine tie rods too 46 each delivered so not too bad [emoji1]

No I'm waiting on the tie rods coming then see when my mate can do it and track it, I don't have time these days lol 30 quid for fitting it all and tracking suits me. He Worked for Renault for 6 years, done the belts on 172 and 197 for 50 quid each cant beat it

No I'm waiting on the tie rods coming then see when my mate can do it and track it, I don't have time these days lol 30 quid for fitting it all and tracking suits me. He Worked for Renault for 6 years, done the belts on 172 and 197 for 50 quid each cant beat it
Wow. That's what you call a damn good friend.