New to the French pocket rockets

MattStevo

Paid Member
Hi there,

I have just bought my first french car, a 197 and what a way to introduce me to it. Have a BMW E90 325d auto as a daily so the 197 is a weekend toy, fast B roads and the occasional track day.

Cambelt has been done twice in its life.

Any advice/mods to do would be great.

Cheers

Reactions: Johnny 99
Hi there,

I have just bought my first french car, a 197 and what a way to introduce me to it. Have a BMW E90 325d auto as a daily so the 197 is a weekend toy, fast B roads and the occasional track day.

Cheers

Welcome and congrats.

Unless you’re gonna Meg the engine for more power: fettle the handling and enjoy the twisty bits.....

Hi there,

Cheers
Welcome along. You have chosen an ideal B road occasional track day toy! I've just had to sell mine for various reasons & I wish I hadn't had to. Enjoy her for now but in the future consider Powerflex engine mounts to help save the exhaust flexis on the manifold from failing. Cooksport lowering springs were a great mod for relatively little money that I did on mine. Best mod I did was a Quaife diff, but relatively expensive, great on track though!

Thanks alot guys. I am loving it so far. Brakes seem to be fairly questionable so they need some attention.

Similar Thread Suggestions