New problem (Yay!!)

John Gordon

Paid Member
So, had to brake pretty hard today to avoid a wayward cyclist, was hard enough to throw the hazard lights on.

I then went to change gear to pull off again and I had no clutch! The gear lever would not move. There was no hydraulic pressure in the clutch. I pumped clutch pedal a few times and it came back to pressure.

There seem's to be no fluid loss, and I can't see any leaks apart from a little weeping around the slave adjuster.

Air in system? Slave gone?

Help!?

did you slam the clutch pedal down as well? master cylinders have been known to stick down

did you slam the clutch pedal down as well? master cylinders have been known to stick down

No, Only the brake. I braked really hard, put my foot on the clutch which felt kinda soft, then pulled the gear lever into neutral. It was only when I went to then select first that I noticed resistance. That's when I really noticed I had what I would describe as an "empty pedal". Then when I pumped it a few times it gained pressure again.

No, Only the brake. I braked really hard, put my foot on the clutch which felt kinda soft, then pulled the gear lever into neutral. It was only when I went to then select first that I noticed resistance. That's when I really noticed I had what I would describe as an "empty pedal". Then when I pumped it a few times it gained pressure again.

need to make sure there isnt a pool of fluid in the bell housing from slave cylinder if its dry then maybe master cylinder stuck/sticking - also worth a pressure bleed of the system