Big Ben

Loves to rag the VAG!
Paid Member
Hi Everyone. Just purchased a RS197. Been a fan of Renault hot hatches since my days owning a fast R5GTT. Clio so much different though!! Having a power run on Saturday to see what I've bought numbers wise. Will keep u posted

Power run went well. 4 near identical runs. Only downside was the difference between power at the wheels and flywheel!!
Average of 167bhp at wheels but 247bhp at flywheel!
Guy swears machine is spot on but can't believe flywheel

those are very interesting numbers..pin it right in the middle and there you go"197 bhp" :wink:

Power run went well. 4 near identical runs. Only downside was the difference between power at the wheels and flywheel!!
Average of 167bhp at wheels but 247bhp at flywheel!
Guy swears machine is spot on but can't believe flywheel

247hp eh......:innocent:

Hope picture came out
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC02998.jpg
    DSC02998.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 40
Don't want to rain on your parade, but those rollers seem very generous. Didn't these cars come with 159 lb-ft?

Not raining on me. Car feels good just wanted to compare power output with previous cars I've had dyno'd.
Has had a set of cams, manifold and re-map. Maybe bit more torque??

Ah ok, that makes much more sense. I'm not sure how much of an improvement those mods will make to the torque figure, but the main thing is as long as you're happy with the car who cares :smiley:

Exactly! 1/4 mile time next on the agenda then some track days once it warms up a bit!! Will keep u posted

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H New Members 6
R New Members 4
A New Members 3
I New Members 1
Red Baguette New Members 7