New Member / New project Clio.

forecast.buckets

Paid Member
hello all,

new here ! i've owned quite a few cars. Very recently sold my beloved clio 182. But im on to my new project. Ive just collected this Clio 197 - needs some serious TLC but i got it at a very good price.

a huge list of parts have been ordered - the gearbox needs refurb/ replacement as 4th is going - needs belts doing ... oils / plugs / filter etc . I'll need new brakes on the front and recondition the brembos . New tyres as there are some hideous budget tyres on currently. A full detail / compound and polish etc required . Refurb the alloys. and couple bits interior wise needs sorting... so quite a list. (it's only covered 80k ):

my first question to this forum is ; any recommendations on who to switch my box out ? i potentially have sourced a replacement so just need someone to carry out the job. Gatwick area / surrey / south london ?

before clean
WhatsApp Image 2020-06-16 at 14.44.27.jpeg

after :
WhatsApp Image 2020-06-16 at 14.44.46.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-06-16 at 14.46.26.jpeg

thank you Sirs,
yes i have lots of plans with it, im thinking i'll start a progress thread as it'll help me document the process.
I've ordered loads of little bits just to smarten it up like your mats and led number plate bulbs etc - all that ebay stuff and then i've got my polybushes coming / Eibach springs / new front brakes / New rebuilt gearbox / New tyres to switch out the budgets .v i'll also be refurbing the alloys and brakes.. and detail the thing. Lots on the plan for it. It's just a project car , not a daily so i'll be slowly working on it !

Reactions: massivewangers
Looks good :smile:

If you don't drive it every day and it's a bit of a project, and you're handy with a spanner. do the box yourself! You'll get to learn the car inside out. It's not that bad a job to be fair.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: forecast.buckets

Similar Thread Suggestions