New Member - LY 200 Cup

john_walker74

Paid Member
Been lurking on here for a while and not really posting much, but have signed up as loads of useful information. Bought a LY 200 cup late last year and so far am loving it, although as expected it is fairly thirsty. Booked on to the Bedford Renaultsport track evening in July which will be my first track session - the car should be in it's element. Before that will be a sercive & inspection at 519 automotive as I have seen nothing but praise for Danny on the forums.

Clio200cupphotoedit_zps77242130.jpg

:smile:
very rare car!

Yeah that's what a few of them said over on the RenaultSport forum. I suppose it probably would be as not many would buy the cup and then spec the two most expensive options :smile: It was a bit of an impulse buy as I had always fancied one and wasn't even looking to buy but saw this in a local dealers and managed to get a deal that worked for me... 8)

Will post up on the track day section about the Bedford evening to see if any others from the Milton Keynes area are going. I have seen a few 197/200's about (including another 59 plate LY) so there might be some owners that come on here.

Im about MK from time to time.

Very rare....i wasnt aware that liquid yellow was even a possible option for the cup model...maybe it was right at the very beginning?

Very rare....i wasnt aware that liquid yellow was even a possible option for the cup model.

It was never an option in the UK on a cup, there were a few pre production RUK cars built of which this is one.

Well you learn something new everyday! I plan to keep the car for a good few years as it will hopefully be my weekend / fun car soon. Car has relatively low mileage as it is still below 20k.