New member from Bristol

Hi All, Im a new member from Bristol. Was previously driving a blue MK6 Fiesta ST until a Moped very kindly wrote it off for me (who knew that could happen?). I recently bought a Red Clio RS200, it has black alloys and Cup spoiler. I decided against the Cup as I spend a lot of time on broken B Roads, I like mountain biking and wildlife photography so always find myself on terrible roads.

I have to admit I didn't instantly fall for the car, its so polite compared to my old car. The Fiesta was standard except for the obligatory induction kit so had a real roar. The Fiesta being an older design was much less refined, it was noisy, a bit crashy and torque steered loads, but the weighty hydraulic steering was ace with loads of feel. The clio was so smooth and quite by comparison I was a bit nervous at first it was too civilised, the adaptive weighting on the steering took some getting used to. Once I got it out to the Brecons I totally fell for it :smile:

The car came with some ditchfinder tires on in, the Brecons was the first time I drove the car on Eagle F1 A2 (dirt cheap at the mo by the way). The car handles fantastically (but you already knew this didn't you) was smooth enough over broken sections but has a confidence to it the Fiesta didn't, the Fiesta was scrappy by comparison. Very happy with the car, can't stop staring at that sexy little vent behind the front wheel arches!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 24998324542_0a2dc9ed43_b.jpg
    24998324542_0a2dc9ed43_b.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 24820854070_5642815404_b.jpg
    24820854070_5642815404_b.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 25258733601_55a1c405e0_b.jpg
    25258733601_55a1c405e0_b.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 89
Welcome! Another flying the flag for the non-cup chassis! Interesting how your wheels are also black - I'm under the impression they never came in that colour?

Welcome! Another flying the flag for the non-cup chassis! Interesting how your wheels are also black - I'm under the impression they never came in that colour?

Think they only came in silver or anthracite. There is a small amount of bubbling in the paint so I assume they are sprayed by a refurb place.

Nice! You must be around my way in Bristol as the first two photos you posted are taken on the Down's.

Nice! You must be around my way in Bristol as the first two photos you posted are taken on the Down's.

Yep, I live nearby in Redland. Whilst I was taking those photos two ladies with prams came up to me for a chat, asked if I was selling the car. Apparently her husband always regretted selling his Clio, despite needing two gear boxes. All I could think was two bloody gearboxes, thanks for making me nervous!! I've got a years warranty, maybe I'll extend it...

Welcome to the forum!

Don't believe all the horror stories about boxes! Most are absolutely fine!

Yep, I live nearby in Redland. Whilst I was taking those photos two ladies with prams came up to me for a chat, asked if I was selling the car. Apparently her husband always regretted selling his Clio, despite needing two gear boxes. All I could think was two bloody gearboxes, thanks for making me nervous!! I've got a years warranty, maybe I'll extend it...

I pretty sure i will see you around then. I'm in Brentry, not far from Cribbs Causeway. I've had my box refurbed once (after about 32k iirc).

Similar Thread Suggestions