New member car searching

Hi all,

Looking to get a 197 or 200 full fat cup as a stop gap for a year. Have a B9 S4 currently that is off soon and a deposit in on an M3 touring for next year and need something in between.

I prefer the looks of a 197 but it seems reading reviews etc that the 200 is a fair improvement when you add it all together. Is that the general opinion?

Looking for a full fat cup with recaros - am I setting myself up for a tough search? I have a couple of months.

Love a forum and there are some nice cars about!

Cheers,

James

There is not much difference between a 197 and 200. The 200 is very slightly more refined - but not in a noticeable way.

If you are looking for cars with "better handling" check that they are cup packed meaning that they have stiffer dampers and a stiffer ARB. The 200 Cup or cup packed 200 cars have a faster steering rack.

There are cars out there with Recaros for sale but they often push the price up by about £1,000. Most of the Recaros will have tears or wear on the bolsters unless they have been really well looked after or retrimmed.

If you are looking for a 197 or a 200 make sure that the car has a decent service history. The cam belts need to be changed every 36,000 miles or at 5 year intervals. The F4R engines are pretty much bullet proof provided they have been serviced properly.

Reactions: ProbablyJames