New in the Midlands

Got my 197 a month ago and been fettling with it since. Only now after a month of SERIOUS cleaning/waxing, replacing warn parts (previous owner wasn't the pickiest) that I now dare show it on here.

No major mods to list other than recon on the alloys (now Anthracite, were silver) and new Continental SportContact 5 all round. Lots of little bits replaced around the car that'd worn with age i.e. door seat rubbers, rear wiper arm (was broken) and various interior parts.

Also 1st part of the audio installed with new head unit, parrot HF, USBs and new speakers all round inc custom fit components in front doors. Sub and amp to follow as I like my tunes but with a symphony under the bonnet and exhaust note like this, I'm not sure if I actually need it!

One hell of a car and proud to be in the gang.

Attachments

• Clio Sky.jpg
    Clio Sky.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_4008b.jpg
    DSC_4008b.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 30
Oh and thanks...

To the group of 182 and 197 owners that gave me a hearty welcome to the Renault Sport club when we passed on the A5 near Rhug, Wales last weekend.

So far so good. The car came with Falken Zeix ZE912 on the front which seemed ok and some shredded SportContact3 on the rear. Anything would have been an improvement over those! But changing to SP5s all round has brought the car to life! It sticks like sh*t to a blanket. My guts give up in the corners before the tyres do. Let's see how long they last.

On a related note the Black Chilli compound that Conti use in these is also used in their cycle tyres. I've been running it there for a couple of years and would not run anything else. Stunning stuff (if not a little pricey at £54 per tyre)