New guy! Now proud owner nimbus silver Clio 200

Hi guys,

Thought i'd introduce my self, recently just sold my 400HP 2010 Focus RS as i was going to join the navy unfortunately for medical reasons my start date has been delayed until im fit for training in the mean time i have decided to go for a little toy for some track days and fun on weekends.

im currently looking at a 2011 clio Renaultsport 200 Silverstone GP model 15/50 19,700 on the clock extremely well looked after and an excellent example not a stone chip scratch with this car. only fault is the seat bolster is slightly worn.

they are asking for £11,495 is this a good price is it too much or about right to you guys?

i'm quite happy with the price against the car but wondered whether it was reasonable to haggle the price down. there are cups available for £2K-3K cheaper but with slightly more miles on the clock.

plan is to get some cup livery on, followed by a race exhaust system, semi slicks and some track going pads and discs

attachment.php

Attachments

• p5.renault-clio-petrol-hatchback.jpg
    p5.renault-clio-petrol-hatchback.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Hello mate i went to go and have a look at that silverstone its absolutely mint i put a deposit down but didnt take the car due to i could not put my personalised plate on i thought for the condition of it and the miles it had done it was a fair price. Remember its an extremely rare car so you may not find another one.

With regards to the seat bolster you will find it extremely hard to find a clio without any single bolster damage as long as you jump in the car the correct way it wont get any worse.

All the best if you go for it keep me posted :smile:

p.s Welcome to the club :thumbup:

Last edited:
thanks for the warm welcome mate :smile:

im having a look at a cup tomorrow with a little more miles on the clock but in similar condition and cheaper. im quite taken with this silverstone gp one i think i may just put a deposit down tomorrow so i dont loose it. Ah Fair enough coming from a focus rs im aware that those recaro's are prone to wear and tear getting in an out so probably will get a seat cover to hopefully avoid further excessive wear.

thanks for the warm welcome mate :smile:

im having a look at a cup tomorrow with a little more miles on the clock but in similar condition and cheaper. im quite taken with this silverstone gp one i think i may just put a deposit down tomorrow so i dont loose it. Ah Fair enough coming from a focus rs im aware that those recaro's are prone to wear and tear getting in an out so probably will get a seat cover to hopefully avoid further excessive wear.

Ah thats fair enough dude will be interested to see what you go with and yeah getting a seat cover will help keep the seat in pristine condition :smile:

Welcome to the forum. Your Focus sounds immense!

If you enjoyed the agility of the ST, then you will love the 200 in the bends - they are amazing handling cars.

unfortunately i missed out on that Silverstone GP someone put a deposit on it yesterday i bet it was because of numerous people interested i got a call from the dealership asking if i was still interested which i was but not prepared to put a deposit down till i see this other cup today. fully regretting not putting it down on tuesday when i went to see it :worried:

oh well, search continues

True, but it could also be a case they just haven't updated it yet. the chap who i spoke to is fully aware that im prepared to pay in full for it via bank transfer. all he needs to do is call me and the deal is done no deposit or nothing. He was meant to have called me if the guy viewing it didn't want to go forward with a sale. im presuming the fact i didn't get the call means its gone.

There's always a chance he'll call you back :smile: but if not, don't despair. Things happen for a reason, as they say. And it might mean that you find something even better!

Ah ok well time will tell I guess but there are loads of great Renaultsports out there so I'm sure your find a nice one if you have missed out on the silverstone.

that looks smart and really low mileage for its age only thing i would say is make sure they chuck you some renaultsport mats in as it looks like it has none.

That's my old car! I sold it to the current owner last April or so, it's only done about 3k miles since. IMO it's worth no more than 10k. The next owner will be the 5th owner.

That's my old car! I sold it to the current owner last April or so, it's only done about 3k miles since. IMO it's worth no more than 10k. The next owner will be the 5th owner.

Which one?
the silverstone GP i was looking at the previous owner is known to me but not personally