New guy from Cliosport.net

imprezaworks

Paid Member
Morning all. Some may recognise my username from Cliosport :smile:. Been debating what car to get next and have been looking at 197's. My current cars are a 53 plate cup and an 02 Monaco that i use for track days. Have been considering replacing both cars with just the one, hence signing up here. Initial plan was a Megane trophy or cup so would be interested in hearing and comments if people have gone from either that or a Clio 172. Forum looks good so will have a mooch about,

Dan.

Yeah been on Cliosport for quite some time. With a budget of about £4k is it likely id get a nice 197? ideally id probably be after a cup.

Looking around, i wont.

Last edited:
Ive read unless a track god i'd be better off with one with the cup chassis as apposed the out and out 'cup' model.

Sort of. The cup car you miss out on a few things, sometimes aircon, keyless entry, rear speakers, electric mirros etc.

If your not bothered about that then it will be the same as a cup chassid one. Depends if you want the climate control, xenons etc

Welcome to the forum :smile:

I think a cup chassis'd car is a good option - best of both worlds then.

I have had 2 mk2 , a 172 cup and a 182. The 197 feels much more confidence inspiring and planted. However it doesn't feel as fast which is understandable and well documented.