new Clio 197 owner from Australia!

Hey guys,

Just picked up a 2009 Clio 197 in red today. Absolutely loving it.

Just after some advice regarding servicing. Its currently just ticked over 102,000kms (63,000miles) and its last service was done at 90,000kms. As I bought from a dealer I have no way of knowing if the previous owner had the timing belt etc done.

So I`ve booked it in for a service which is two weeks from now and im a little hesistant to drive it in case the belt fails leading to engine failure. Should I be worried or am I over reacting?

I am used to working on my supra which has a non-interference motor...

Cheers
Mikael

:welcome:
and i wouldnt worry...they wont snap just like that...might wanna be a bit more careful when driving etc..
welcome along

Ok cool thanks guys, I'll drive it carefully till then.

Also threads are no fun without pics haha

20150311_235121.jpg

And a pic of my supra

IMG_20150110_210011.jpg

Attachments

• 20150311_235100.jpg
    20150311_235100.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to the forum :smile:

It's best to get the belt sorted as soon as you can, as others have suggested. Not a huge worry, but once it's done, you can drive it like it was intended :wink:

:welcome:
and i wouldnt worry...they wont snap just like that...might wanna be a bit more careful when driving etc..
welcome along

yes they will snap just like that. its not important if you drive slow or fast, careful or not, if its too old, it will snap.

i think you should change the belts, because the car is now 6 years old.

get what you are saying Duli..he is having it done within 2 weeks so there is not a lot he can do anyway..thats why the advice to take it easy...

Similar Thread Suggestions