New car

picked up my new car last night

FF with cup pack, recaros, speedlines and spoiler, RS gear knob, carbon dash and parrot

perfect spec for me apart from no RS monitor (and i would have preferred racing blue, and not arsed about a parrot!)

100 mile drive home last night and pretty pleased with it. hard work on motorways but epic on the twisty. forgot how much i missed my 197.

first things to do are;
a proper wash, clay, polish and wax. its pretty desperate for a polish.
get wheels off and seal them
also check all the ball joints while im down there
the wipers are shagged so need replaced
its just been de-badged before i picked it up so thats sorted,
got silver bulbs to fit
uprated air filter element to be fitted
RS steering wheel trim to sort
few stonechips to sort then 3M film to be fitted on front end and sills

im possibly going to service it this week, even though its not due for a while yet as i already have the Elf sxr oil etc sitting there. it will be due a cabin and air filter when its 2yr old anyway.

the brake pads are about half worn so might as well take the opportunity and up-rate them while im at it and fit some HEL lines.

looking forward to getting on track with it! got a few dates booked!

some poor photos to start with. will take some proper ones when it stops raining and i get it cleaned.

file_zpsa8ddee81.gif

file_zps985f3f47.gif

Last edited:
some updates;

today i iron-x'd the car, snow foam and wash
file_zps960ef945.gif

file_zps8dcf81f2.gif

file_zps43ff17ce.gif

file_zpsefbb2b73.gif

then 1x coat of SRP, 1x coat of poorboys EX-P lft to cure for an hour, 1x coat nattys paste wax

looks much better and alot of swirl marks gone. paint looks much better

all window rubbers and seals and black plastic treated with poorboys NL spray. i cleaned the engine bay and dressed the rubber parts

file_zps127b4e93.gif

good clean inside using poorboys natural look and a good hoovering! lots of dog hairs which drove me nuts.

file_zpsbf225a96.gif
cleaned inside and outside and rain-x'd all the glass.

sealed the wheels with poorboys wheel sealant.

file_zps6031142b.gif

file_zpscccd7644.gif

file_zps6c91f1ca.gif

fitted silver indicator bulbs

file_zpsf8973f53.gif

file_zps6d5785f6.gif

file_zpsc7644bc3.gif

didnt have time to remove the wheels and clean/seal inside them but maybe tomorrow

also got a lot of 3M sheet to fit to the front end

pipercross filter bought last night, i might take it in tomorrow for wheel alignment and try and get it in for a service of drop the oil myself.

all i need to do now is drive it - havent driven it properly yet due to heavy rain yesterday and cleaning it all day today!

well i took it for a run last night and what a car. feels quicker than my 197 did and the handling is superb. i cant wait to get it on the track!

so today i changed the air filter - its not officially due yet but i fitted a ipercross and looking at it, it was in need of changing!

null_zpsd6c2b789.gif

null_zpsedd07155.gif

i also touched up a few stone chips ready to fit some 3m film once i et a chance to clean it!

ordered some ferodo rear brake pads as the look fairly down and sometimes the rear brakes bind slightly so im hoping a caliper clean up and new pads will resolve this - got them from opie in the sale for £24 delivered

going to change the oil and filter this week and order some front brake pads if i decide which ones - either DS2500 or possibly red stuff

Looking very good Ken... And yes the 200's are quicker than 197's.. Its official

.... Let the worms come out the can :wink:

oil and filter changed today.

wheels off and cleaned inside and sealed

arches and suspension parts cleaned

brake calipers and discs cleaned up

underside of body cleaned up

was pretty dirty underneath by my standards but all nice now and rear calipers seem to no longer be binding on

noticed the rear pads were definitely due changing in the next few thousand miles. rear discs seem fine (bought some ferodo rear pads last night)

front pads down to about 50%. front discs have about 1-1.5mm lip on each side so probably due a change soon

possibly going to get the brembo HC discs and DS2500 combo from ktec

a small update on this;

just got home from offshore with a few goodies waiting for me. got a couple of OMP helmets (me and passenger), my DS2500 pads came as did the ferodo rear pads.

my RS steering wheel trim (bought from the used section) came and looks the business, a new cabin filter ready to go on and an iPod/aux lead.

file_zpsece5159b.gif

file_zpsaca2e09c.gif

file_zps644df657.gif

jobs to do tomorrow are fit front and rear pads and clean the calipers to try and cure the rear brake binding.

i also need to remove the head unit and fit some felt tape as the stereo is creaking and ratting something rotten. it stops with the slightest pressure on it so some felt tape should sort it.

also might get some brembo front discs as theyre slightly lipped. also my rear tyres are getting down and im not convinced on the fronts so will invest in a set of Advan AD08's

i might as well get the next trackday out the way and run the tyres and discs off and change them out afterwards.

Heres my new lid for the track.

file_zps99b76294.gif

first track day is next week so looking forward to that

Last edited:
You got some nice goodies there mate ive been running DS2500 all round and are loads sharper over standard,not had chance to test them on track yet.