New (Again) Viewing a 200 at the weekend

Hi all, I was here a few months ago looking at clios but ended up with a focus st!

Now fed up with the thing as I can't get more than 24mpg out of it and it has broken every week since I got it. So its going!

I am going to look at this at the weekend and was wondering if anyone could help:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-59-R...7663165?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item35c45c803d

Is it a good price/spec?

The radio doesn't look standard and the steering wheel at the bottom looks different to others i have seen.

Any help appreciated!

The thing at the bottom of the wheel is an official accessory. Radio definitely not standard, though not necessarily a bad thing as it might mean it has bluetooth and hands free as well as ipod connectivity, which is something you wouldnt get on the earliest 200's as an option.

It's priced fairly well, but I think there's probably a bit of budge given there's not much on it that sets it apart from lots of other glacier white 200's.

Oh and... what kind of driving are you doing? The Clio in reality might not me a huge amount better, I average just under 24mpg on the computer (it under reads by about 3) so in real money I'm doing about 26-27mpg urban.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the replies, I sit at 50 in 6th gear in the focus on the way to work with 2 small urban parts and one mile of dual carriage way. I am on 24.1 at the moment.

On the motorway sitting at 70 I average about 26-28.

Hey thanks for the replies, I sit at 50 in 6th gear in the focus on the way to work with 2 small urban parts and one mile of dual carriage way. I am on 24.1 at the moment.

On the motorway sitting at 70 I average about 26-28.

Mine averages around 27 with mixed driving, but MPG isn't the reason you really buy a 200 or St so maybe you need a diesel?

As for the Clio, well it looks spot on to me and well priced. Check the tires, service history and the general condition of he car (paint on rear arches, recaro bolster) as there might be scope to knock him down a little.

I love GW 200!

Agreed, I brought my 197 not giving 2 sh'ts about the MPG. I knew it was going to be bad so when I sometimes peak at 30 its a reward all in itself. If you're worried about how much it drinks a seat Leon fr looks a nice alternative :smile:

What can i expect on a motorway run?

I just want something not too bad on petrol (About the same as a modded fiesta st) but will hold the road and has a few toys :smile:

Also is there a guide anywhere that tells me how to see what optional extras it has got?

:welcome: to the forum.

You'll not get much better MPG but you'll look better doing it. :smiley:

Similar Thread Suggestions