New 200T Owner - Few Qs?

Took delivery of a very lovely 200T Nav Lux Cup today (2015, v.low mls, L.Y. - just like new).

I also have a 200 VVT which I've owned for 5 years/50k mls, so the inevitable comparisons. The new car is more 'grown up', bit bigger, better quality, higher equipment levels.... But, it's not quite so 'engaging'. Truth is, very little would match the fun/character of the original 200, but time will tell.

A 'sports exhaust' would help, but not keen to deviate from originality and wouldn't want to compromise the warranty. Any recommendations? And, is there a suitable or 'approved' Akrapovic system?

My Nav didn't come with any 'subscriptions' - what's the best way to keep it updated (UK and France)?

Any other hints or tips for a new owner - must confess I haven't read the handbook yet?

thanks

Welcome to the 200t club!

Unfortunately there is no akrapovic, yet. But things are looking up as the new shape model have got akrapovic's so hopefully something in the pipeline! As for the warranty side of things, if you put an exhaust on, your going to void any exhaust warranty your car comes with, for example if the manifold goes, and you have an exhaust system on, they won't repair it under warranty. There are different exhausts out there, but they don't make as much an impact to the car as say the equivalent system would do to a 197/200 (noise wise, they will gain more).

Cant say I've done anything to my nav, but pretty sure you just take the SD card out and plug it in the computer and away you go.

Enjoy the car - (i would highly recommend coilovers!)

Not yet, common mod is removing centre silencer. Also take the boot carpet out, that apparently works wonders.

If you go through the options on a 200t and 220 trophy on Carwow there is a £800 option of an Akrapovic on there now, not sure if this is an error or maybe it will be available very soon ? Might be worth making an enquiry with them if it's definitely the Akra you want.

That's interesting. Wonder if it's available for retrofit?
That would definitely be my preference, if it's Original Equipment.
Although, I suspect the price will be much higher as the option price presumably negates the price of the standard exhaust system.

welcome and enjoy..and as Chris said above..a set of colies will do miracles in terms of handling..

Thanks.
I've had an RS200 VVT for 5 years/50k mls, so not new to this forum. In fact, spend the last year looking for a late low mileage VVT as a replacement. Couldn't find my desired spec (although still looking) and decided that the 200T might be a better bet.

Still early days and learning to love it (VVT was love at first drive). But, lots of virtues and very composed chassis on most UK roads - so should be brilliant on French roads where it will spend half the year.

What exactly are the 'pros and cons' of coilovers on a Cup chassis?

Would definitely like a more engaging exhaust note though.

Pro's, eradicates body roll, height adjustability, better cornering.
Con's, easier to scrape on bumps/steep inclines.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Clio General Chat 0
Doga Kececioglu New Members 19
D New Members 15
T Clio 200T Area 7
p4l0m0 New Members 7