New 197 owner from Staffordshire

Evening guys.
So i picked up my beautiful clio 197 on saturday afternoon after some searching.
It was nicely waxed and polished for me when I collected it so the first thing I did was take it along some country lanes and get to grips with the performance this little rocket has to offer.
I owned a mk 2 facelift focus st previously which was relatively quick. But this thing, a different animal all together. It puts such a smile on my face and it really has to be 'driven' to get the most of it - none of this plant your foot and let the turbo so the work.
I fitted some team heko wind deflectors on sunday morning along with a glossy black badge cover for the front (the rear should be arriving in the post soon). I also replaced the rear window seals as the ones on it when I picked it up had perished.
I am pretty certain it isn't the standard exhaust but without getting it on a ramp and having a look underneath I couldn't be certain. It makes a stunning sound under load and a cheeky burble at lower speeds :smile:
No major mods planned but I shall be changing the standard air filter to a pipercross panel filter and possibly fitting a parrot bluetooth kit - although reading into this it could be quite tricky as I have the cabasse head unit :-/

IMAG2034.jpgIMAG2033.jpgIMAG2035.jpg

Any mod recommendation or help with the stereo/head unit would be much appreciated - I basically want the ability to stream music from my phone preferably by bluetooth.

Matt (millsey)

Welcome mate!

Looks real smart with the anthracite on black.

Just look in the rear diffuser and if theres an absolutely huge back box, its standard.

welcome along..really glad you are happy with your motor..they are great and from the pics i bet that the previous owner had some play with it..looks like its lowered too..and as chris said,check through the rear wheel and if you see a big metal box then you have got a standard exhaust...
enjoy this forum

Last edited:
I thought it looked lowered but wasn't sure. The ride is incredibly firm and you can certainly feel the road!!! and every bloody english pot hole!!! haha.
Takes the corners very flat though with zero body roll. Much better than the ST :-p

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions