Need new front pads...

Which should I get?

I've read good things about the EBC Red Stuff Ceramic pads, but they seem too cheap to be good...?

Which front pads do people recommend?

Cheers,

Russ.

used the ebc reds - were a good pad worked well from cold and lowish dust given off

now using feredo ds2500 - well better and better once hot - but loads of brake dust given off :sad:

I fitted redstuff to the 182 and hated them, I took them after about 2k. They were awful in the cold and for the daily drive. The only time I liked them was when you were really giving it some and got lots and lots of heat into them, then they bit like a b****.

Just my opinion on them though.

i used greenstuff,s on my old car which were pretty good tbh,

very little brake dust as well which i liked cause i had white OZ,s superturismo,s on at the time.

but i have heard good things about the Ferodo ones tho.

if you like rally like squeeking brakes than go for the lorraines :smile:

they'll eat your discs in no time as well,

I changed original pads to ferodo premier all round, pretty cheap, and to be honest not better than OEM pads at all, I'll probably get a set of ds2500 in the spring just to see whats the difference, do they bite harder than standard pads? cause the premieres are the same as standard but do burn faster, I did a rally course in them and there was smoke coming out of the fronts after I stopped, and it never happened on the OEM pads....

I fitted EBC Yellow Stuff and have used on trackdays and road - gave really excellent/solid braking I thought, plus low on dust and good life-span too. I have a set of Carbon Lorraine's to try at some point. I will let you all know when I change over...