My Titanium Ph1 172

I picked this up last night:

14404590574118-vi.jpg

62k, FRSH and two owners from new. Really good condition. It has the aluminium bonnet and shift light. Michelin PE2s all round.

In the past few months its had a lot of money spent to bring it up to standard mechanically and cosmetically, such as
-Just serviced with oil and filter change + proper iridium spark plugs.
-Cambelt and tensioners done along with new aux belt and tensioner kit.
-New brakes all round, brembo HC front discs and oe pagid pads, pagid rear discs inc new bearings and pagid pads.
-New front top mounts with 'improved design' tall nuts
-New oe rear exhaust box and mount.
-New number plate light unit to replace the discoloured original.
-Steering wheel refurb/retrim in black and blue leather with silver-grey stitching by Snappy.
-Original OZ F1 wheels refurbed inside and out in factory silver finish.
-Original headlights refurbed.
-Door pulls refurbed and ph2 silver interior handles fitted, ph1 blue handles also included

19404590579852-vi.jpg

07413029927882-vi.jpg
30413031270006-vi.jpg

Looks really tidy Ross. The Ph1's are quickly becoming a classic I think (more so than the more common Ph2's).

:welcome: back to the RS fold! I'm sure you'll have awesome amounts of fun in that, you keeping the Fiat, or using this daily?

Cheers :smile:

Looks really tidy Ross. The Ph1's are quickly becoming a classic I think (more so than the more common Ph2's).

:welcome: back to the RS fold! I'm sure you'll have awesome amounts of fun in that, you keeping the Fiat, or using this daily?

Fiat is getting sold and I'll be using this as the daily. I love the front end on them, not sure about back end however it is very understated which I guess is good. Compare the back of it to a LY200 with cup spoiler and you wouldn't think they had near identical straight line speed!

Awesome, your drive to work just got a little bit more epic then :smile:

I used to think the same about the back end, but for some reason they've grown on me over recent years. Kind of digging the sleeper-ness of them :driveby:

How on earth did I miss this????!!

Well done Ross, welcome back to the RS scene, you bought a very tidy example there mate well done! How does it compare to your old R27?

How on earth did I miss this????!!

Well done Ross, welcome back to the RS scene, you bought a very tidy example there mate well done! How does it compare to your old R27?

Cheers Yianni!

One massive difference is the throttle response; throttle cable v drive by wire! I remember on the R27 I could quickly press the pedal down and take my foot off and the car would barely register the input. Obviously it's more nimble but I've not really had chance to thrash it on good roads yet for a proper comparison. It's much noisier in the cabin, but there are surprisingly few rattles. The seating position is ****. People say it feels like you are sat on it rather than in it and that is definitely true! I would definitely like some Recaros, the standard seats feel like they finish about half way up my back :/. Economy is about 6-8mpg better for the same driving style. Apparently you can get 45mpg at 60mph (as if I will ever find out :tongueout:).

Overall, very happy with it so far :smile:

I've only just seen this too!

Lovely looking cars, I had a PH1 myself too.

I had fiddled with mine a little, all the usual stuff; matched inlets, exhaust, filter and removed a/c.
it would see my 200 off in a straight line (200 is standard) so they're a proper sleeper these days, and that phat front end is awesome.

Firstly, if you think the seats are sat too high, to take the drivers/passengers seat out, it's just 4 bolts under the car, undo that and unclip the airbag wire (easy peasy job) then you'll see 4 rubber spacers, they're about 4-5mm thick, pop the rubber bungs off and the seat will sit much nicer, you'll get a little bit more cabin feel, but at least you'll feel part of the car.

Whats your plans with it suspension wise etc?

I didn't know about the rubber spacers! 4-5mm is quite a good drop. By 'under the car' do you mean on the bottom of the car?

Not sure on mods just yet. I'm probably going to just upgrade stuff when it breaks.

What would you do to yours again if you had another one?

When I mean under the car, literally under the car, where you can see the seats bolt to the floor, they go through the floor pan and there's bolts showing underneath the car. Undo those and job done.

If I had another one? I loved it, probably exactly the same as it was, but with an added map and I'd run semi slicks.

i had Gaz GHD coilovers, engine was all sorted, brakes were the best you could get for standard callipers and suspension was good.

I genuinely loved it, I'd still have it now if, at the time, insurance wasnt so expensive.

I spent close to 4K on mine, which £1K I originally paid for it with a dead engine lol. Surprising how prices have changed.

Okay cheers :smile:

I'm paying £624 including hire car. 5 years no claims and no accidents or points. I only paid £597 on my R27 ffs.

I had my 172 from the age of 18, I was paying £2750'ish lol. Came to over £3K with the interest of monthly payments lol. I must have been crazy. I soon got bored of paying that after a while.

my 200 was £750 first year of ownership, £550 this second year, just had a renewal price for £310 lol. I'm loving it.

Very rare if that's genuine mileage, I'd be tempted to maintain its mint condition could be a real show stopper in 5 years or so.

I had my 172 from the age of 18, I was paying £2750'ish lol. Came to over £3K with the interest of monthly payments lol. I must have been crazy. I soon got bored of paying that after a while.

my 200 was £750 first year of ownership, £550 this second year, just had a renewal price for £310 lol. I'm loving it.

£310?!?! I only paid £300 for the Panda and I have a very good post code. Who is that quote with? I'm with Markerstudy through Sky Insurance.

I live in a good postcode too thank god lol.

Admiral that's with. and F/C obv :smile:

no one else has come near that price