My story since passing my test July 2009.

Don't really know how popular this will be but its generally an interesting story. I have been lucky enough to have a brand new car for my first car, so 2 weeks before my 17th birthday my car arrived in the ford garage ready to pick up.

This was when i first layer eyes on her.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So anyway i didn't even use her until i was 17 (1st May 2009) so all i could do was look at her, then on my birthday i had my first 2 hour driving lesson. My dad runs his own insurance company so i was insured on it before i even passed my test, so me and my dad where in the car parks and eventually out on the road. Passed my theory test on the 7th may. Anyway i ended up passing my proper test on the 7th July 2009 at 10:30AM, happiest day of my life, by 8PM wellll...... next picture

Luckily it wasn't actually my fault managed to get a healthy whip lash claim along with 3 of my friends. The car was a total loss. I got a corsa as a curtesy car. Then a weeks later my check for my new car had arrived and on the 13th July it was time to find myself a new car,

Pride and joy number 2, didn't get a black one felt like a bit of a jinx.

Thought it was the fastest car around haha, anyway 6 months later my dad decided i like the looks of these new fords, so on halloween 2009 he picks up his brand new,

It was epic i still love it to pieces but my dad just didn't appreciate it at all bare in mind he had a porsche 911 aswel as the focus, 2 months after picking her up me and my dad are out picking up a chippy we come out of the chippy and he says "go on you drive home, i put you on the insurance this afternoon" I was 17 FFS!!!!!!! So i couldn't say no but all i could say was i could hardly drive i was shaking like a leaf. After that i treated her almost as my own i cleaned her more than my little red fiesta. I had to ask very nicely if i could take the focus out for a spin but more often than not he said yeh.

Things kind of stayed the same for the next 18 months until about 6 months ago now it was time for the focus to find a new home, with only 3000 miles on the clock over half of them i myself put on. I felt like my dog had died when she went i grew very attached.

3 Months later i decided i think it was time for a new car myself knowing there was no way on earth i could afford a focus like my dads, IT WAS TIME FOR A CLIO 200, in white inspired by the Focus. I got £9800 for my fiesta with 17k on the clock not at all bad for a 2 year old fiesta in my opinion. I shopped around and waited for the perfect one i looked on spending up to 12K on a year 09-59 plate. looking on piston head every day, i drove round in a ****ty ka for 2 weeks. I had found the perfect one but it was slightly over budget. My dad had an email convo with steve (dealer from this forum) and we agreed a price. £12300 sorted!!!!! A long trip to london 3 Trains later steve picked us up from the train station in my new car, i was on love!!

3 months on and every time i step out of it i still glance back, not a single regret from the fiesta, the clio is slightly more basic but makes up for it in every other way.

Wow you've done very well there :thumbup:

How do you feel the FRS compares to your Clio in terms of performance and handling?

I wish my dad was as generous as yours in terms of giving me the keys to his TVR!

The focus toque steers to death even though they said it doesn't, it is a lot faster than the clio 2.5litre turbo though. It used to pull like a dog in 6th gear on the motorway doing about 70 put your foot to the floor and it feels like your in 4th. It couldn't hold the wheels down though starting off, i broke a few CD's because the front used to shake when you wheel spun in the dry. It sticks to the road like the clios though. Feel very safe in the bends.

very nice read mate, lucky guy at ur age getting to run around in an RS. good choice in ur new car too :tongueout:

Nice read mate glad you were ok after the first acciedent the 200 looks very nice

Just about to turn around a right hand bend on a country road and a car come round the corner the opposite way too fast and couldn't stay on his side of the road so he just hit me. The was a gold course up the road so looks like he had just been there i think he had a few too many whiskeys afar a round of golf.

i don't have a job, i buy and sell cars from home :tongueout: but I'm not down as a trader on her cos i dont sell anything to do with ranaults i stick to fords or more specifically ford KA'S i have had like 29 i think, got 3 for sale atm if anyone needs one for a girl friend or woman in their lives hahaha.

Looks pretty sweet! love those fiesta's as well, if there was a quicker version out I would of definetly thought about it side by side with the clio. the older shape wasnt that attractive and m thoughts at the time were 197 or ST.... glad i made this choice!

200 looks great, white and gloss black :smile: Best option :wink:

I was going to wait for this years fiesta ST but its only gone be 180bhp 1.6 turbo it will be fast but not as fast as the clios :tongueout: Fiesta RS then thats a different deal but they rant gone make them in production.

Dont mean to be a dick mate but ur whip lash claim that ur chuffed about is one of the main reason insurance premiums are going through the fudging roof

Similar Thread Suggestions