My previous Clio 182. This new ones got a lot to live up to.

How are you liking the 197 so far, in comparison to the 182??
3 182s before this car, loved them all even with their faults..lol But up to now the 1197 seems a really nice more grown up motor, seems well planted and a nicer car to drive even though i feel my 182 was a bit more eager nippier etc. perhaps its just a feel thing because the 182s smaller. Love them both to be honest. :wink:

Reactions: Jimmy
think you know your stuff Gav so advising you is kind of pointless.. :drunk:
To be honest really like the look of the car as it is apart from a spoiler which is on order from K-TEC . Im going for the sprint one, just fancied it looks nice in the pics on other cars. It has all new standard suspension and the brembo brakes which have been overhauled so will leave as is for now. Only issue so far is cold start running is bit of a pain!! My 182s had this problem but this one seems a bit worse, only for a few minutes, the joys of Clio eh...lol

To be honest really like the look of the car as it is apart from a spoiler which is on order from K-TEC . Im going for the sprint one, just fancied it looks nice in the pics on other cars. It has all new standard suspension and the brembo brakes which have been overhauled so will leave as is for now. Only issue so far is cold start running is bit of a pain!! My 182s had this problem but this one seems a bit worse, only for a few minutes, the joys of Clio eh...lol

They're all like that on cold-start. Until it gets past the first temp gauge line (sort of the second one - depending if you say 0 or 1 for the first!) and then it comes off the cold map and isn't jerky. You do feel like a bit of an idiot kangerooing along the High Street! You learn to reduce it massively though! Plus the induction noise on the cold map is great - although it hardly accelerates!

Reactions: Gav16
They're all like that on cold-start. Until it gets past the first temp gauge line (sort of the second one - depending if you say 0 or 1 for the first!) and then it comes off the cold map and isn't jerky. You do feel like a bit of an idiot kangerooing along the High Street! You learn to reduce it massively though! Plus the induction noise on the cold map is great - although it hardly accelerates!
very true. thanks for the feedback...:wink:

Reactions: lewisflintham