My Nimbus 197

Hi, I've owned this car nearly a week now and absolutely love it. Such a fun car to drive! Its completely standard. No cup pack or Recaros (not overly fussed about not having recaros though. I'll be putting bikes in the back most weeks so no doubt they'll hit the front seats now and then)

Only thing I've done to it is to put some black badge covers on today.

Before the cover :-
IMG_1040.jpg

After the cover :-
IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

The grille either side of the renault badge have faded a bit, anything I can do to get them looking anything like they used to?

I'm really torn as to what to do with the car, part of me wants to leave it standard and the other part wants to get on with the modding!

Black badges=black wheels=cup spoiler=:jase:
Auto Finesess Reviive will get them back like this
bf2a6723.jpg

Ooo that looks good! Will I have to take the grilles off or is it something I can do with them still on?

Black wheels I'll do eventually.... Really not sure about the cup spoiler though

Ooo that looks good! Will I have to take the grilles off or is it something I can do with them still on?

Black wheels I'll do eventually.... Really not sure about the cup spoiler though

No mate just use a brush
So spay on then brush it into all the hard to get places and leave.Just clean over spray off with microfiber cloth Sorted:wink:

Cheers for the advice. I think I'll tackle the grilles next and then see what I want to do from there.... Trying to stay away from power mods lol

You've got to get the bend in that shot to dude!! Stand high up and take the shot of the car and bend.

Car looks nice though!!

Nice car, nimbus is a great colour! For info, I use an AutoGlym product for the grilles, AutoGlym bumper care I think its called.

Took off the C L I O badge today but there's still some glue left.

Before :- ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344875102.987989.jpg

During :- ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344875124.335784.jpg

After :- ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344875138.907689.jpg

Any tips to get rid of the last of the glue? Next thing is to get rid of the Gravells badge. Also ordered that auto finesse product that Roy recommended and some new sidelights.

Nice car dude. I too live in South Wales and also own a nimbus. Mines a full fat version mind! We should meet up!

Cheers, whereabouts are you from? I've no idea if mine is full fat lol. No cup suspension, no recaros but has the nice dash, 6cd changed etc

Got rid of the Gravells badge, back end looks much better now :- ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345012905.787842.jpg

Also managed to change my sidelights without taking the bumper off. I lost lots of skin though! :-
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345012948.803142.jpg

Nothing much has happened with this other than new dipped bulbs and I've booked my car into LongLife in Swansea on saturday to get the centre silencer removed.

Had my centre silencer removed by Longlife in Swansea today. The car sounds bonkers when cold. Not too noisy during normal driving and can't say I've really noticed the flat spot yet.

All in all I'm happy with it

I've developed 2 annoying noises. When the window is down and the car is moving, there is a kind of ticking/flapping noise, doesn't increase with revs and can't hear it with the window up.

I've noticed the seal between the door and rear window has split, hoping this might be it? Any ideas?

Tape the seal down and try it again.

I followed a 197 down chesterfield bypass one day and part of the seal was flapping outside of the door.