My new Clio RS "Meglio"

HarryJT97

Paid Member
So,
I have now made the move from a standard N/A 200 in Albi Blue, to a Meg 225 engine'd Clio 200 with 250 pistons/rods, and a whole list of Goodies, including;
Cat-back 3" Scorpion exhaust, with a sports cat.
Megane 250 Turbo
Airtec Custom Intercooler
Turbo Smart Actuator
Forge Boost pipe kit
Dual Friction clutch
Just to list a few, still running the Clio Gearbox with the setup though.

Thought I would start a new progress thread as I have a few plans in the works for the car to make it my own, also needs a general bit of TLC around the edges. Currently fitting a custom Dual Gauge holder in the dash in place of the Sat-nav that was there prior, to run Oil temperature and Boost (Boost is Gimmicky I know, but I like it)

Will post some good pictures when I have them :french:

So, I've been looking at a few options to do to Meg,
Just wanted peoples opinions on a few things who have done similar;
1) Fitting a LSD, firstly Quaife vs Gripped, secondly, whats the difference like driveability wise and are they really as good as people say? Still running the Clio Box so it will be a Clio LSD.
2) ZeroPoint one shifters, peoples experience with fitting and difference to shifting
3) Battery Relocation, has anyone done it themselves? How difficult of a job is it to do it nicely?

My personal view....Running a lot more power, I would not bother fitting a diff to the Clio box. When and if you can, run the 225 box.(With diff) I recently changed to a short shift, made a huge difference. This can be done easily, when Battery box is removed.( IMPORTANT!>) Drill not the plastic bush, with a 10.1mm drill!!. Moving Battery to boot, is quite straight forward, only run the power( RED) cable, and use a short earth cable to connect to bodywork. I would also recommend putting Battery in box. Also, I would not refit the Battery tray. My engine came out of a 265, and believe me when I say, I had many many problems, all now solved. Message me if you like, I can send photos. Hope some of this helps. Meglios should meet on a track day next year.

My personal view....Running a lot more power, I would not bother fitting a diff to the Clio box. When and if you can, run the 225 box.(With diff) I recently changed to a short shift, made a huge difference. This can be done easily, when Battery box is removed.( IMPORTANT!>) Drill not the plastic bush, with a 10.1mm drill!!. Moving Battery to boot, is quite straight forward, only run the power( RED) cable, and use a short earth cable to connect to bodywork. I would also recommend putting Battery in box. Also, I would not refit the Battery tray. My engine came out of a 265, and believe me when I say, I had many many problems, all now solved. Message me if you like, I can send photos. Hope some of this helps. Meglios should meet on a track day next year.
Most clios on track are megclios... hard to find a standard one :smile:

• Haha
Reactions: Abdulla Ali Al Ali
Definitely up for a meglio track day next year Arthur.

Reactions: Mark_L
Update :
Done quite a few jobs on the Meg over lockdown, will be updating over time.
First things first I installed an oil pressure and an oil temperature gauge in the car. Sprayed the gauge surround in Nissan Gunmetal Grey, and lacquered. Used the R spec performance sandwich plate, and stack electrical gauges. Best looking IMO101524911_290319512371405_8373417580919190927_n.jpg

Another development I will quickly mention, I took the plunge on one of the Russian eBay special LSD's for £300 including shipping. Currently being fitted at AWMotoworks as we speak and I will definitely post updates when its fitted.
But for £300 it would be rude not too! If it goes wrong, lesson learned. If not, happy days! :smile:
VAL Racing Diff.jpeg

I'd imagine with the Clio box you'll be quite busy on track. Power delivery is fairly diesel esque and so the longer ratios seem to suit the setup well for me (even in the twisties)

The zero point one shifter is great, I think it's one of my favourite additions to mine. I'd still fit a gearbox side quickshift with it though and then gear shifts are just a flick of the wrist (with the compressor surge and the ZPO shifter I feel like a rally driver when pedalling mine)

Reactions: HarryJT97 and Beany
I'd imagine with the Clio box you'll be quite busy on track. Power delivery is fairly diesel esque and so the longer ratios seem to suit the setup well for me (even in the twisties)

The zero point one shifter is great, I think it's one of my favourite additions to mine. I'd still fit a gearbox side quickshift with it though and then gear shifts are just a flick of the wrist (with the compressor surge and the ZPO shifter I feel like a rally driver when pedalling mine)

Yeah I have heard the ratio's aren't the best, but I do enjoy driving the car a lot, I find the short ratios fun and I'll be interested to see what difference the LSD makes.
Must get my hands on a ZPO shifter, but I'd like one of the custom designed ones so they are rather dear, but they're definitely next on the list.

If you mention the fact that I sent you, there may be a cheeky little discount with him. I organised a group buy and we 'shifted' a fair few units.

Worth asking at least, he's a nice bloke.

Reactions: HarryJT97
LSD installed. Totally different feel to the car, will be doing a better review when I've got used to the car a bit. In the mean time finally got my Carbon skins side door bullets installed today, really are so nicely made and look great. (Ignore how dirty the car is, I'll wash it eventually)Carbon side bullets.jpeg

Hello,

I am interested in making also a bracket for the oil pressure and temperature gauges. How have you managed to do it you have been great.

Best regards.