My car won't start!!!help!!!

Earlier today,car running fine as usual.popped to my mums with daughter and mrs then came to leave and pressed start button and nothing.i will not start at all and im absolutely fuming!it keeps saying "steering not locked" and refuses to start,i cant tell you how angry i am right now,especially as i treated her to some new tyres today

please help me,someone!whats wrong with it

Shake the steering wheel
Make sure there is no mobile in same pocket as key

Mine has done this a couple of times, exactly the same message - 'steering not locked' .. All I did was to really turn the steering wheel with some force while pressing the start button a couple of times and it was fine.

Hope you get it sorted mate!

Josh

Mine has done this a couple of times, exactly the same message - 'steering not locked' .. All I did was to really turn the steering wheel with some force while pressing the start button a couple of times and it was fine.

Josh

ill try this now mate

Josh

just nearly pulled my steering wheel off,still nothing

I've had this too, it was the steering lock.

Turn the wheel right and hold it against the lock whilst pressing the start button. If that doesn't work slightly wiggle it against the lock. Then if that doesn't work try turning left and hold against the lock whilst pressing the start button. It takes a while to get used to unlocking the wheel on these keyless start cars.

Just keep trying though as it definitely sounds like the problem.

I've had this too, it was the steering lock.

Turn the wheel right and hold it against the lock whilst pressing the start button. If that doesn't work slightly wiggle it against the lock. Then if that doesn't work try turning left and hold against the lock whilst pressing the start button. It takes a while to get used to unlocking the wheel on these keyless start cars.

Just keep trying though as it definitely sounds like the problem.

+1, just much better described than me :smiley: