Mpg???

Right then, i filled up my tank on saturday to the top. trip computer then said 270miles until next time i fill up and after some careful driving its telling me im getting 23.3mpg??
Is this usual or is something up here?
Id like to hear what other ppl get on just normal town driving??

sh*t i didnt realise it would be that bad, i only do town driving rly lol il bike to work when the weather gets better so i can abuse it at the weekend.
i reset it when i filled up.

I can't comment on purely town driving but I average about 28mpg. I used to average over 30mpg when I did a fair bit of motorway driving.

To be honest I don't think any car is great around town, the 197 can be fairly economical if you're careful. Can get over 40mpg on the motorway for example

i do 7 miles to work average 28mpg and 40 on a long run. i would only do 200 miles a month in mine the car is wasted just sits there

Last edited:
I'm getting pretty consistent 28-29mpg. Thats a daily 35mile commute, mainly single carriage A roads.

low to mid 20's for me only seen something with a 3 in front on one occasion and i think as for a 4.....forget it :swear:

:foxspeed:

it seems living 3 minutes from work is coming back to bite me in the arse lol short trips are giving me rubbish mpg then. ah well just an excuse to take her out for a long drive :smile:

I only have a 2mile trip to work so I get high 20's....these cars arnt about hight MPG figures so it doesnt bother me too much. I just have to reduce the amount of milage that i do

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tomc197 Clio General Chat 5
Jools Clio 197 Area 21
L Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 22
E1bert Clio General Chat 17
Gus Clio General Chat 17