mot with decat

Hey everyone, iv read a few threads on here about how these still pass an mot with a decat because of the second cat in the manifold.

My mot is due this week and iv got a straight pipe from the back box to the mainfold, so its deleted the silencer and cat. By doing that i have the emissions light and engine light on the dash, i have removed the light before but they came back after about 50 miles.

So im just wondering if you think my car will pass the emissions test as it is? Or whether i am going to have to get the cat put back on?

look forward to your replys.

the "new" mot regs state that where a cat is fitted it must be there to pass the test...so if the tester is up to speed/knowledge he will notice it missing!

if the emissions light is on then the engine isn't meeting the emissions standards in the first place - that's the reason for the second lamda sensor!

or just go and have an iffy mot test done ;/

the "new" mot regs state that where a cat is fitted it must be there to pass the test...so if the tester is up to speed/knowledge he will notice it missing!

if the emissions light is on then the engine isn't meeting the emissions standards in the first place - that's the reason for the second lamda sensor!

or just go and have an iffy mot test done ;/

Not just a case of if he's up to speed. My friendly MOT tester showed me the screen on his MoT computer and it clearly shows a diagram of the exhaust sysyem with the position of the cats for every car.

If you don't want to take the chance then best take it off or tell the tester to check the sun visor where you will have placed a £20 note :wink:

Not just a case of if he's up to speed. My friendly MOT tester showed me the screen on his MoT computer and it clearly shows a diagram of the exhaust sysyem with the position of the cats for every car.

If you don't want to take the chance then best take it off or tell the tester to check the sun visor where you will have placed a £20 note :wink:

that's why I put "knowledge" as the mot computer is good at spitting it out :rofl:

I have a ktec decat on my 200. I think the revised map may have prevented my emissions light to come on. Mine wouldn't pass at 2000 rpm but flew through at 3000rpm. I'm assuming its down to the mapping and the exhaust design/the flow of gases. Worth mentioning to the tester.

£20 for a bent MOT? Where do I book myself in!

As for your zorst setup, a straight pipe from the manifold back, god that must be loud!

Iv got it booked in for tomorrow with out fitting the cat back on because i went to my local garage and he said, it might be ok and i may aswell see if it will pass before swapping the cat back on.

So ill let you know how it goes.
And yeh straight pipe from manifold back makes it sound like a rally car! Which i love. :tongueout:

Had a chat my my mot tester today, he doesn't have the diagrams for the placement of cats (or he doesn't use it anyways) decat and crackle map here I come!

Had a chat my my mot tester today, he doesn't have the diagrams for the placement of cats (or he doesn't use it anyways) decat and crackle map here I come!

wonder what he will say when vosa do a spot check!

Just bought a miltek decat pipe for my 197, Already got the cat back and bigger manifold with a re-map will this throw the engine management light on or will I get away with it?