Mot test

Joec1996

Gold Member
Just wondering if anyone could help
Got a mot soon and I’ve got a full exhaust system from ktec, ktec manifold sports cat 200cell and cat back will this more than likely fail as some mot places have said it will fail and some said it will pass and obviously don’t want it too fail17A55D71-F4FA-4A92-BEBD-BA864A083061.jpegDD4650EA-621F-4F96-A3A3-528C32ABAAA7.jpegEFE9ADD4-9E74-40CC-8C73-1C47D1ABCF6D.jpeg

If it has got a cat in it surely that will be enough to pass?

Mine has only got the pre-cat in the exhaust manifold and passed its MOT last year at a local garage that picks up on most advisories and fails.

Reactions: Joec1996
Alex at aw said it should pass but will have too get the sport cat really hot but the place I usually go for my daily said it would fail will have too wait and see I guess lol

It should pass if it’s hot.
If your usual place is saying it’ll fail before even doing it, I would take it elsewhere.

Okay cheers for reply rsrowe they are fairly strict so yeah will try find somewhere else too go mate

It's a chicken and egg situation, you don't know if it's gonna fail / what to buy until it's done unfortunately, you just need to take it in get it nice and hot and pray it passes, or start buying bits, but with a sports cat is should pass.

Take it elsewhere as they can fail you for having an aftermarket exhaust. I’d be looking at places that work on modified cars/exotics as I’m sure they’ll be more sympathetic.

spoke too another mot place now and he said as long as it’s got a cat should pass but yeah lol it’s just hassle Will see what happens thanks suj for reply

Reactions: suj
Cheers for reply ds197 I’ve found another mot place near me see and said should pass with the cat seemed a bit more chilled back only other option I also spoke too ktec and they said they do mots and would just do the test with the original cats on but that’s a very long drive from Essex too them lol

Reactions: DS197