Moisture in rear light

NWDSdaz

Gold Member
I’ve started to develop some moisture in my O/S rear light. Just wondering if anyone had had this before? Faulty seal maybe? And if so if a replacement is available?
A86399E6-BF89-4F66-89C7-456AF6FF151C.jpeg

Could be the rubber gasket on the back. Whip it off and see what it’s like. If it’s a bit crusty it might not be making a good seal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's condensation I bet it was parked facing the sun then the outside temperature drops and the condensation forms inside if it was leaking then the water would be in the bottom of the housing.

Reactions: Marsch
I don't have this in the rear lights, but there is a visible waterline on my side indicators. Going to have to try and work out how to get them off, checked and figure out why they are filling up at some point.

I did have this before in another car though, and that turned out to be the seals that had gone hard and failed. I tried to seal them up with all sorts of kit, and never managed to get to the bottom of it, so ended up replacing the lenses.

I've a feeling I may be suffering these same problems soon, as my weather seals need replacing on the B pillars which must be letting moisture inside the cabin. First job to be done for me when it stops bloomin raining!

Cheers

Steve

Its the same on 75% of these tail lights.

Mine has the same issue and now i have water in the unit my lights are doing disco tricks.

A new tail light unit with bulb holder from Renault is £70+vat each side.