Modify Rare Gordini Opinion

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gordini200, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Gordini200

Gordini200

Car:
    Clio 200 Gordini
    Hi All,

New here so not sure where to post, apologies. I've had a clio 200 gordini for a few months now and recently learned that I have one of only 2 black ones registered in the UK, and the only black one with the original stripes and alloys (found some pics of the other one for sale on ebay).

However, I was planning on removing the centre box/ straight piping but am now unsure. What are others opinions on modifying a car that could be the only original one in the country?

Cheers

2. Marsch

Marsch

Car:
    Stealth Grey RS 200
    As long as you keep the original parts and don't do anything irreversible I don't see any problem with modifying it.

Gordini200 and lewishunter98 like this.
  3. Zeezal

Zeezal Paid Member

Car:
    Renault Clio RS200, Volkswagen MK1 Golf GTi
    Like Marsch said 99% of the stuff on it will be the same as a standard 200. As long as you don’t change anything like the paint/decals and sell the wheels etc you can always stick a stock exhaust system back on for resale if the profit margin will make it worth it.

Gordini200 likes this.
  4. Gordini200

Gordini200

Car:
    Clio 200 Gordini
    Cheers guys. Yeah I'd look to keep the original parts. Guess I will only look at easily reversible changes.

Need to replace an alloy as the previous owner couldn't park so I'm gutted there aren't more around to pinch one from.

5. Wolf197

Wolf197 Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 197
    Lets see some pics of the car.

6. Gordini200

Gordini200

Car:
    Clio 200 Gordini
    Realised I don't actually have any pics of it clean on this phone! Attached one from when I bought it, but will need to have a photo shoot once it stops raining! Screenshot_20190625_165213.jpg

Gremlin. and Dean Cohen like this.