Mirror caps and wing trims.

I'm looking at buying carbon fibre wing trims and mirror caps. They say easy to bond on. Do they clip on and off or is it as simple as bonding( glueing) on? Could a to e fit them or better to go mechanic? Any special tools you need?

Yes mate, simple enough really just apply the agent on the part, push it into position and hold it there with some tape. Make sure you leave the tape on for a night to make sure the parts are well bonded. Use silkoflex or tigerseal.

9241032679_455f8cfde8_b.jpgDSC03521_resize by YiannisR27, on Flickr

Last edited:
It looks terrific! Just bought a very clean silver R27. Going to go for the carbon fibre treatment to the plastic bits inc the air inlets at front. The Northampton outfit are supplying the badges and front air inlets. Are the 197/200 mirrors the same pattern? They advertise for 200s and by the look of it you're one of the men to ask. Is it worth going for their wing vents?
i noticed another great looking R27 in black, with black-effect rear lights. Are these fairly easy to come by? Many thanks for your views.

Thanks [MENTION=51723]TKT12[/MENTION].

197 mirrors are different to 200. Streamline have removed the 197 mirrors from their website but when I spoke to Chris (Streamline) he told me that the 197 ones are identical to the megane 225 ones. Don't take my word for it though, send him an email to confirm!

Not sure about the lights I'm afraid, I have the OEM ones. Hope that helps.

Hi Yiannis,
Thanks for the pointer on mirror covers! Potentially expensive learning experience. Have sorted the lights with some "light smoke" German ones. Terrifically fast delivery as in ordered Late Tuesday arrived crack of dawn Friday. Beautiful. I've gone for this option as the car is Azure Silver with anthracite rims and the usual grey F1 decals. The regular rear clusters are too colourful.
you don't have any advice on a central arm rest that will fit with Recaros and isn't flimsy ( the ones on EBay at a tenner (!) don't seem to have any lateral stability being two plates screwed into the existing base. I vaguely recollect from my Meccano days that with no cross-bracing it would sway.
cheers!

No mate sorry, I haven't fitted an armrest and never looking into fitting one tbh so I'm not qualified to speak about that however other people have. I'll sure someone will come in here with a link or something:smile: