Mine beeps when locking...!

This has happened only a handful of times (about 4 times in the last 10months)...

Sometimes when I lock the car I can hear a faint (but distinct) beeping noise that seems to come from the rear of the car, its about 5 'beeps' in total and only ever happened when locking...
At first I thought I was hearing things, as I my Clio has always locked/unlocked silently, but it happened again last night and I heard it clear as day coming from around the rear wheel arch?! I tried to get it to beep again but it went silent as usual. I looked in the boot behind the carpet but couldn't see any electrical bits that could make the noise...

Each time it has happened, no windows were open and no lights were left on...

Anyone else had the same?

Mine did it for about 2 days when I first bought it. I think it's something to do with the alarm either not being set, going off or something like that. I think it tells you in the handbook.

I know our 200 beeps if you press the lock button with a door still open. Have had it a few times though with everything ok.

mine sometimes does this when i unlock the car :S

I open the door and the alarm sounds about 5times and then it stops

mine sometimes does this when i unlock the car :S

I open the door and the alarm sounds about 5times and then it stops

The door hasn't unlocked before you pulled the door handle. If you are eager to get in, it beeps at you for some reason?

i have a cup so i have to actually press a button to unlock the car, and a few times i have pressed the unlock button and the door unlocked, open the door and the alarm goes off! (well the faint farting noise it gives off as an alarm!)