Megane to Clio!

NickW

Paid Member
Hi guys. Been about 9 months since I sold my 200. Loved it to pieces but when I drove a 265, I knew I had to get one.
Picked up a lovely 2012 model in white with cup chassis and it’s quite an astonishing car.
However, my sensible gene has kicked in and as it’s a second car and not really used that much, I’ve decided to sell up. I’m going to buy something cheaper and use the rest to make sure I’m debt free so I can start saving for a house deposit. Boring I know!
I was looking for a while at Focus St’s, but they handle so bad in comparison and really didn’t float my boat. Just no where near sharp enough.
I then looked at R26’s and although I know they are meant to be amazing to drive, I couldn’t get passed the interior, just didn’t find it a nice place to be.
Bizarrely, I happened to be in contact with the fella who bought my 200 last August. He mentioned that he was selling up as he needed the money for his house. Well, I pretty much decided on the spot that I would buy it back. It was a fantastic car and I’m getting it cheap.
Megane should be picked up later today and fingers crossed, Clio should be back on the drive by Sat.
Here’s a couple of pics of the Megane and Clio as it was when I last had it.

9F107024-E105-4EEB-9A66-E75BEF7FFB16.jpeg DA9D2D96-EE62-484F-9389-C834DA74B520.jpeg 1B21FB53-4F9F-416E-B999-82045628C7E8.jpeg

Thanks guys, really looking forward to it now. Its not as fast as the Meg, but more raw and fun overall I think.

Little delay due to calliper issue but picked up the car this afternoon. Forgot how much fun the 200 is, like a little limpet in the bends. Got it for a bargain price too, especially considering its had a full service, new calliper, new battery and the exhaust sorted since I sold it in August . I'm one happy bunny.

Reactions: Beany
Welcome back to Clio RS ownership. I get where you're coming from. There's something so addictive about revving these & the chassis is sublime. Power doesn't necessarily mean more fun. Enjoy your old car(!) & having something left over for life's other expenses.

Reactions: riddzz
Lovely car to get back into, certainly the right time of year coming up so you can enjoy it even more :smile:

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Given it a thorough clean on the inside this morning and fitted some nice new shiny things; new gear knob, mats and steering wheel insert.
Will be doing the outside tomorrow and removing and re-greasing the drivers seat as its creaking a little in the bends.

IMG_1804.jpg

Hi guys. Been about 9 months since I sold my 200. Loved it to pieces but when I drove a 265, I knew I had to get one.
Picked up a lovely 2012 model in white with cup chassis and it’s quite an astonishing car.
However, my sensible gene has kicked in and as it’s a second car and not really used that much, I’ve decided to sell up. I’m going to buy something cheaper and use the rest to make sure I’m debt free so I can start saving for a house deposit. Boring I know!
I was looking for a while at Focus St’s, but they handle so bad in comparison and really didn’t float my boat. Just no where near sharp enough.
I then looked at R26’s and although I know they are meant to be amazing to drive, I couldn’t get passed the interior, just didn’t find it a nice place to be.
Bizarrely, I happened to be in contact with the fella who bought my 200 last August. He mentioned that he was selling up as he needed the money for his house. Well, I pretty much decided on the spot that I would buy it back. It was a fantastic car and I’m getting it cheap.
Megane should be picked up later today and fingers crossed, Clio should be back on the drive by Sat.
Here’s a couple of pics of the Megane and Clio as it was when I last had it.

View attachment 122508 View attachment 122509 View attachment 122510
Welcome back to the Clio family, the colour of yours is the best I reckon