Megane Gearbox/linkage issues

Hi Guys

I have just bought a Megane converted 197 with the Megane 6 speed gearbox. For me 3/4/5/6 gear are very close together especially going from 5 to 6. Is this normal for this box?

Also the throw is quite long so was looking at a short shifter. Any ideas on which one is the best?

Thanks

Are you sure it doesn't already have a short-shifter fitted? I'm running the Megane box in mine with an Engine Dynamics short-shifter and the gears are close together (I'm assuming you mean physically rather than ratio-wise).

Yeah physically but not in a nice way. Would not be confident to smash through the gears so at the moment I have to be gentle as worries about going from 5th to 4th rather than 6th.

Yeah I know what you mean, the number of times I've got cruching as I've gone for 6th and tried to ram it into reverse by mistake...
I think there's a plastic/rubber bush around the shift mechanism on the gearbox which can be replaced, perhaps that would make a difference.

Not sure on that one, I've only ever driven mine and I've never heard of that issue before. I was thinking of having the linkage cables looked at on mine, I'm wondering if they might be a bit slack.