megane 230 desire yey or ney?

hi guys and gals,
not been on here for a good while

I have recently (and more frequently) been looking at meg 230 F1's
I still love my clio f1 but something a big bigger would be handy
Sorry if its been covered before but any advice or opinions would be very welcome (also any real meg running costs)

even better from anyone who has had one?

thanks
Andy

They're far from fragile, I ran one for nearly six years from new and had nothing major go wrong with it. Common faults are window regs and wheel bearings, which are fairly easy to sort. The bearing part of the hub assembly can be replaced to save changing the whole hub.

I had mine mapped and had no problems, killed the clutch eventually but that was after near five years of it being mapped and around 55000 miles. Go for it, I really enjoyed mine and would recommend it to anyone :smile:

Fuel costs are probably a little better than the 172 I had before it

They're far from fragile, I ran one for nearly six years from new and had nothing major go wrong with it. Common faults are window regs and wheel bearings, which are fairly easy to sort. The bearing part of the hub assembly can be replaced to save changing the whole hub.

I had mine mapped and had no problems, killed the clutch eventually but that was after near five years of it being mapped and around 55000 miles. Go for it, I really enjoyed mine and would recommend it to anyone :smile:

Fuel costs are probably a little better than the 172 I had before it

spot on with those items :book: really are a tough motor if looked after!!!

Jonny has covered a fair few main points above. Running costs are the same as the Clio's to be honest, and if you're careful you can get decent MPG figures (around 35).

I loved my 225, but I've driven a 230 regularly too. Definitely get a test drive booked!

Get on rsmegane.com :smile:

Have had one as my daily for 4 months. Also have a 200. Really depends what you want. 200 is more nimble and more fun. R26 much more relaxing drive, better on motorways, and is faster. LSD is fantastic and the traction is the thing that really stands out from the 200. Seating position is a joke though unless you're 5ft 2.

love the 200, but wouldn't want it as a high mileage daily. Still not 100% convinced by the R26 and not sure I'll keep it a lot longer TBH.

The R26 is the best car I have ever owned, I loved mine so much handling is mega and along with the power and lsd its a proper winning combo. You really need to take one on a proper run on roads you know well and trust me you will come back smiling like you have just popped your cherry.

Things to look for as above the drives side hub seem to have been a problem throughout meganes life and so check this it feels like you are driving with a flat and can be expensive to repair, window regs can be a massive pain in the arse. also check for water in the footwells this is caused by blocked drainage holes or your air con system has got blocked, not a major problem cost wise but can be time consuming. and getting rid of the water is also a pain because you have to strip the interior and take take the carpet out to dry it properly.

check for service history but the engine and gearbox are fairly bullet proof.

I would look for a lux model if you can get one these where from 08 plates onward. lux comes with full leather interior and xenons.

I would defo have another in a hart beat. in fact if mine hadnt been wrote off then i would still be in mine. The Best Car I have owned.

I'll have to test one out I think
l, thanks for the reolies, I do prefer the look of the 250 but about 7.5k for 230 it seems a lot of car for reasonable money

Ill