Meg conversion in the NW

As above does anyone know of anywhere in the north west that would do the conversion?

Also is there anywhere that would do it all in i.e souce u the parts and do the conversion?? Apart from ktec who want a stupid amount and at this moment in time they arent my most favorite people

I was thinking of cams but a few people have told me not to bother. Full meg engines including everything needed are really hard to come by arent they!!

Yeah i tried to inbox him but his inbox is full. If i cud get a meg conversion for £3k all in i could probs get that together

Yeah i know its a tough ask. Id love for someone to do an all in service (apart from ktec) not because im lazy but because im not clued up on this and id miss something

Based on your other thread, 225 conversion would be easier. And cheaper!

Tbh, apart from the engine, Ste sourced everything for me. But if you want to source it yourself he'll tell you what you need.

There's a guide in the how to section of the forum which lists the parts needed for a conversion. I have a list written down of parts I used as well. So there is plenty of help about

Yeah ive just had a scan of the how to thread. I have just seen a donar car on pistonheads thats up for £2750 but then again if i got it for 2.5k then it wudnt leave me with alot left as if i did it diy id still have a few more bits to buy.

Ideally you'd want one that at least comes with a turbo and injectors, unless you're planning up upgrading these. ECU will be a huge plus, but it depends on which model it's from.

The conversions are not all the same mate. There's a lot of stuff that doesn't always get factored into the cost. Be careful with secondhand parts too. I fell foul of this and you only end up fitting them twice. The same said about about engines. It's worth remembering that the 225 came out in 2005/6 so potentially unless you know it's history, could be 10 years old.

Its might be better actually buying one that's already done. If you've got a nice 197/200 might only cost 3 grand on top to buy a completed car......I think Rouges might be selling up soon....

I didn't actually think of that option, getting one already done! Thanks for the replies and help from everyone. Still undecided though because at the start of the day I was getting cams, now I'm talking conversions ha