Matt's GW 200

Hi guys, had my 200 for a couple of months now so thought I would share my progress so far :smile:

A little background for the few that may be interested :tongueout:

My clio passion started with my 1.2 mk3, wich I modified over the 3 years I had her. As it was only a 1.2 and going no where fast, I decided it was best to stick some coilies on and fill it with audio. Had the audio tested and was hitting around the 144db mark, wich I was more than happy with :smile:

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1667_zps8538c359.jpg

Now onto the real car :smile:

I went to renault Birmingham to have a look and see what they could get in and a week later I put my deposite down on an ex-managers car. And after what was the single longest week of my life, she was ready for me to pick up.

The spec on collection was as follows:
FF GW200
Satin Black Speedlines
Cup Chasis
Cup Spoiler
Tom Tom

IMG_1682_zps427100fd.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

I instantly got the centre silencer removed and ordered a set of projectors. Got the projectors, 6000K HID kit, and full LED conversion throughout fitted a couple of weeks later. (Sorry no pictures of the bulbs fitted as of yet)

IMG_1727_zpsb6abe825.jpg

Then just after a great weekend at centre parcs.......This happend!

IMG_1761_zps88118bb1.jpg

IMG_1759_zpsafc1e169.jpg

After a few emails and phone calls to Karl@SMC and Simon@Spray Shack, I got a new side skirt and kick plate back and ready to be fitted in no time :smile:

Carnt thank Karl & Simon enough, would highly recommend to anyone!

IMG_1830_zpsc9572110.jpg

The colour match doesn't look perfect in the photo, but the rest of the car was covered in spray from the motorway, so its a lot better than it looks.

IMG_1833_zpse255e25b.jpg

While I was down my mates garage swapping the side skirts I thought I would make a few other small changes.

Pressed plates from Dubmeister
Heko wind deflectors
Megane RS footrest
3M Carbon wrapped my front and rear diamonds, and my petrol cap

IMG_1798_zps84feec13.jpg

IMG_1796_zps196ac21e.jpg

IMG_1795_zpsd35b7430.jpg

No more photos at the moment im afraid, but will try and get some as soon as she's nice and clean again. And ill try to update the thread as and when, as I've still got a few ideas in the pipeline.

All I can say is that I covered about 1500 miles in it so far, and its great fun :smile:

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
the neighbours are obviously a fan of your banging tunes mate going by that first pic,they've all got there windows open!

cracking car by the way,GW's ftw!

Thanks guys, dont worry I wont be filling it with audio either. I have the exhaust noise to keep me smiling now :smile: Expect to see all my audio coming up for sale very soon.

Hiya mate,

I found you on here then! I hope your looking after it :smile: such a great looking car and miss it loads!

Its looking good btw!

Dan.

Cheers guys! Im hoping to get a few more changes made throughout the year.

Already added an ITG pannel filter, and can certainly notice a difference!

Just a quick update :smile:

Thanks to inwardnoise and the ebay finds section, ive got some RS centre caps on there way from spain to finish of my speedlines.

Also today after a series of emails and calls to Tony at Demon Tweeks, I have ordered a set of H&R lowering springs and some black wheel bolt caps. Once the springs are on, i will be measuring up to get some spacers too :smile: Ill be sure to add photos as items get fitted.

Tail light dessicion

Hey guys, just wanted to get you thoughts on a mod of been thinking about.

Im toying with the idea of changing my tail lights to some black LED versions from germany, and laminx-ing my rear brake light to match.

Ive done a quick photoshop and was after your thoughts on the below? Left is as it is atmo, Right is what I aim to achieve.

Rearlightchangecopy_zpsd84066a3.jpg