Matt's Glacier White Megane 265 - 4th time lucky!

Just a small update to keep the thread rolling. A member on here (apologies I can't remember who) pointed out that GSF car parts had a massive discount code on certain parts over the weekend, I was planning to replace the disks at some point anyway so ordered some new oem Brembo's for the front at £60 delivered which I thought was a bloody bargain! Great service from GSF, ordered Friday and they were here yesterday morning.

Just received an email for 50% off brakes and pads at EuroCarParts so just bought some rear brembo pads for £16! Going to go with the following set up:

Brembo Hc Front Disks
Oem Rear Disks
Brembo Rear Pads
Mintex M1144 Front Pads
New seal kit/Caliper rebuild

I think this set up will do me just fine, for how much I use the car it would just be a waste to money to buy anything more 'hardcore'. All this won't be bought/fitted for a while, I am just going to keep buying parts when I have a bit of spare money and once I have everything I want, do a big refresh/overhaul.

IMG_8694 (1).JPG

Nice one Matt, well worth taking advantage of the discount, that was a right bargain!

I think you'll be impressed with the Mintex pads - very good value-for-money upgrade IMO and a step-up from the OEM pads in terms of performance. They work well from cold, and more than enough bite for general road driving, with the odd spirited pez thrown in :smile:

Reactions: Pav
Nice one Matt, well worth taking advantage of the discount, that was a right bargain!

I think you'll be impressed with the Mintex pads - very good value-for-money upgrade IMO and a step-up from the OEM pads in terms of performance. They work well from cold, and more than enough bite for general road driving, with the odd spirited pez thrown in :smile:

Yeah definitely, I'm tight and don't like to pay full price for anything haha.

I have heard good things from yourself and others, and they should definitely suit my needs. Might be a while before everything comes together but I'm looking forward to it! The car isn't in bad condition but I really want to give it a massive refresh over the coming months.

Reactions: Jimmy

believe Jimster is happy with them..had them on too and couldnt fault them..

Reactions: Jimmy and matt9566
Nice work on the stoppers buddy. You'll notice big improvements there.

The M1144's are great on the road for sure. And yes....our very own @Jimmy is a fan / devotee !!!

Just a small update to keep the thread rolling. A member on here (apologies I can't remember who) pointed out that GSF car parts had a massive discount code on certain parts over the weekend, I was planning to replace the disks at some point anyway so ordered some new oem Brembo's for the front at £60 delivered which I thought was a bloody bargain! Great service from GSF, ordered Friday and they were here yesterday morning.

Just received an email for 50% off brakes and pads at EuroCarParts so just bought some rear brembo pads for £16! Going to go with the following set up:

Brembo Hc Front Disks
Oem Rear Disks
Brembo Rear Pads
Mintex M1144 Front Pads
New seal kit/Caliper rebuild

I think this set up will do me just fine, for how much I use the car it would just be a waste to money to buy anything more 'hardcore'. All this won't be bought/fitted for a while, I am just going to keep buying parts when I have a bit of spare money and once I have everything I want, do a big refresh/overhaul.

View attachment 113004

I have the Brembo HC on mine its a road car also had my calipers rebuilt and what a difference finally have some confidence in braking!

believe Jimster is happy with them..had them on too and couldnt fault them..

Great stuff, if @Jimmy is happy I'm positive I will be too!

Put my Mintex pads and HC Discs on last week. You really won't be disappointed, they're spot on.

Brilliant! Looks like I've gone for the right choice then, look forward to getting them on!

Nice work on the stoppers buddy. You'll notice big improvements there.

The M1144's are great on the road for sure. And yes....our very own @Jimmy is a fan / devotee !!!

Thanks Shuv! I'm liking all the positive comments, I'm glad I've gone the right way! I've known they've needed a 'refresh' for a while so glad I'm finally getting the bits together, they don't need doing super urgent as they are still ok so I am going to wait till I have everything and get it all done together.

I have the Brembo HC on mine its a road car also had my calipers rebuilt and what a difference finally have some confidence in braking!

That's what I like to hear! Had a moment the other week when pushing the car hard and I didn't think it was going to stop so I knew it was time to bite the bullet and get things rolling then I can get some confidence back in braking!

Did you just get the mechanic fitting your disks etc to rebuilt the calipers or did you use a company ? I'd have a go myself with the kit you gave me the link to yesterday but I'm bloody hopeless at anything even remotely mechanical.

Steady progress resumes.. More bargain hunting, decent saving from rrp and only 3 months old with original receipt. Hopefully I like it when I get round to fitting.

IMG_8740.JPG

Reactions: Micah and Jimmy
Excellent purchase mate. Absolutely LOVE ours! Sounds superb when on it but makes almost no difference when just plodding around town. I'm sure you'll be very happy.

Reactions: matt9566
Excellent purchase mate. Absolutely LOVE ours! Sounds superb when on it but makes almost no difference when just plodding around town. I'm sure you'll be very happy.

I hope so Mes! I've heard plenty of good things about them, it was on my list of things to buy so when one came up I had to have it!

Reactions: ///M
I LOVE the sound mine makes, especially at 5:30am scaring all the early morning cyclists and dog walkers:thumb:

Reactions: matt9566 and Pav
Haha, they probably already don't. Got most of the day free tomorrow so hopefully get it fitted (weather permitting) Then I can have some fun

:track:

Just wait for your first shift into second and hit the throttle...it's mind numbingly beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wait for your first shift into second and hit the throttle...it's mind numbingly beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest I really didn't know what to expect with it, I'd heard good things about them so just took the plunge.

You're making me glad I purchased it and looking forward to hearing it now.

Raining here though so might not get chance today unfortunately.

Similar Thread Suggestions