Matt's Glacier White Megane 265 - 4th time lucky!

That is absolute MADNESS!! I genuinely thought it was £400-500 which is still crazy but £772!!!

That slightly disheartens me because I genuinely don't think I could ever pay that which means I'll never have it.

The most annoying thing out of all of this is that one of those decals at £772 is in reality mine - The first owner obviously chose the delete option when speccing the car so the decal produced for R27 #91 was never fitted meaning one of those on the stock shelf does actually belong to my car!!

Reactions: ///M
That is absolute MADNESS!! I genuinely thought it was £400-500 which is still crazy but £772!!!

That slightly disheartens me because I genuinely don't think I could ever pay that which means I'll never have it.

The most annoying thing out of all of this is that one of those decals at £772 is in reality mine - The first owner obviously chose the delete option when speccing the car so the decal produced for R27 #91 was never fitted meaning one of those on the stock shelf does actually belong to my car!!

EXACTLY!!! Renault should just give you one for free!!! It's absolutely ridiculous huh?

That is silly money for a sticker :worried:

Renault should reward loyalty of ownership of an R27 (say a couple of years minimum), then give you the full decal set for free :smile: worth a try huh :wink:

Reactions: ///M and matt9566
That is silly money for a sticker :worried:

Renault should reward loyalty of ownership of an R27 (say a couple of years minimum), then give you the full decal set for free :smile: worth a try huh :wink:

If I'm being fully honest I have wrote an email/letter out to RenaultUK before regarding the decals and the car never having it but never got round to sending it. I don't want anything for free but I really want the car in true R27 form and the price of the decals are preventing me from doing this!

Reactions: ///M
If I'm being fully honest I have wrote an email/letter out to RenaultUK before regarding the decals and the car never having it but never got round to sending it. I don't want anything for free but I really want the car in true R27 form and the price of the decals are preventing me from doing this!

It would be really interesting to see the outcome if someone did ask RUK the question! I imagine the answer might end up being a polite no, but it's well worth it! At the end of the day, it literally cost RUK nothing to do the decal delete, so why not show a little love to us loyal owners and give us a tidy discount (free) :smile:

I've had this in my ebay basket since I bought the car, but I've heard some negative reports about the quality of them - from what I've read, they're basically not a very good match for the originals and don't have the same texture. Hardly surprising at £30, compared to £700 though! If it was done well, then a replica would be pretty difficult to tell apart from OEM...

Reactions: matt9566

Definitely worth a go. You never know. Could be an amount of goodwill they're willing to go to...

and @Jimmy it's all about the texture and thickness mate. Those R27 decals are the best I've ever seen on a car I reckon. Matching them isn't going to be easy. But then, you could just deal with them being different. There do seem to be some decent replicas about and you could always have them made if you needed. Artwork wouldn't be difficult to sort, it's just finding a company willing to make them for you.

Definitely worth a go. You never know. Could be an amount of goodwill they're willing to go to...

and @Jimmy it's all about the texture and thickness mate. Those R27 decals are the best I've ever seen on a car I reckon. Matching them isn't going to be easy. But then, you could just deal with them being different. There do seem to be some decent replicas about and you could always have them made if you needed. Artwork wouldn't be difficult to sort, it's just finding a company willing to make them for you.

I agree with you on the texture - they're made very well and obviously to last: mine still look brilliant, despite the age and mileage of the car. The copies would be fine on a budget, but I imagine you'd have to get a full set so they all match - if they were too different to OEM it could potentially ruin the look of the car...

Made a little bit of progress recently, I fitted the front Silvatec indicator bulbs on Monday but then in typical British style it started raining so had to leave the rear.

The sun was out after work yesterday so thought I'd get the rear done, while the light unit was off I gave where the light sits a quick clean as there was quite a lot of dirt built up. Swapped the bulbs over and put everything back together, can't believe I've left something so simple for so long. The rear looks much better and fresher without the orange!

IMG_8448.JPG
IMG_8449.JPG IMG_8450.JPG IMG_8459.JPG

Then it was time to fit the Powerflex upper engine mount torque bush and what a pain in the arse this was! I'd read the how to on here so was pretty confident but when it came to it I couldn't for the life of me get the collar off that holds the original bush in place. After nearly giving up I drove up to my dads to get him to give me a hand, typically he had it off in minutes.. I think I was just being too gentle with it, bit of brute force from my dad and we were sorted. All swapped over and the Powerflex is in place (I hope lol).
Can definitely feel the difference, there's quite a lot more vibration but I'm aware this settles down and it doesn't actually bother me much anyway.

IMG_8451.JPG

Finally I remembered that I still hadn't fitted the brilliant carbon expansion bottle cover from Shuv, popped out this evening and got that on! I've still got the carbon manifold badge but I can't find the correct sticker for it, if anyone knows where I can get an exact copy of the original Renault Sport one it would be very appreciated if you could point me in the right direction!

IMG_8457.JPG

Next up I'm going to just do a few minor/free things like give the engine bay a good clean, replace some old parts like the expansion bottle cap etc. In the meantime I'm going to put some money aside and then have a 6 months service around November time, new brakes, gearbox oil etc.. Basically just give everything a refresh.

Will try keep this thread updated even if it's just general photos of the car. Thanks for reading if you've got this far!

Matt

Bulbs look a whole load better Matt, any Powerflex's are always a good investment and thanks for the kind words on the expansion cover - it looks well on yours !

Keep the pics coming........of my favourite colour 197 !!!

:smile:

Bulbs look a whole load better Matt, any Powerflex's are always a good investment and thanks for the kind words on the expansion cover - it looks well on yours !

Keep the pics coming........of my favourite colour 197 !!!

:smile:

Haha, I will try my best with the photos Shuv! Slow progress considering I've had the car well over 3 years now but think it's time I throw some money at it, need to keep up with the high standard of yours and the other cars we currently have on the forum!

@matt9566 I've bought a few stickers of this guy, the quality has always been very good:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renaultsp...r-172-N2106-/401358897719?hash=item5d72dac237

Brilliant stuff Sean! I obviously hadn't looked hard enough - Will measure up the size when I get home and order some. Thanks for that!

Reactions: sevenfourate
good job..it will settle and improve the ride too...just give it some time...the bulbs are a very effective way to make your car look much better..
well done

I've bought decals from the seller Sean linked to on ebay also.

Great quality for sure and no issues here :smile:

Funnily enough the first thing I did when I took my rear lights out was clean all the crap out, it was a right mess! No one will ever see it but it's nice to know that it's clean behind there :tearsofjoy:

Car's looking good though!

Reactions: sevenfourate
good job..it will settle and improve the ride too...just give it some time...the bulbs are a very effective way to make your car look much better..
well done

Cheers Pav! Yeah I'd read that it settles down, I kind of like the vibrations haha. They definitely are, can't believe I didn't change them when I first bought the car.

I've bought decals from the seller Sean linked to on ebay also.

Great quality for sure and no issues here :smile:

Great stuff Shuv, forgot to measure when I got home - Will get some ordered tonight!

Looks great Matt! Some essential upgrades there :wink:

Cheers Chris. Definitely well overdue upgrades!

Funnily enough the first thing I did when I took my rear lights out was clean all the crap out, it was a right mess! No one will ever see it but it's nice to know that it's clean behind there :tearsofjoy:

Car's looking good though!

I couldn't believe how dirty it was behind there, especially the one pictured! It's one of those things with people not being able to see it but I would have known it was there and it would have drove me insane.

Thanks mate!

Reactions: l33th3tr33
The silver bulbs make a huge difference for very little money! Well worth doing this. The vibrations so settle down/you get so used to them, you forget you ever had them! :smile: again, a mod that's well worth doing.

The maintenance always gives a nice feel-good factor - for you and the car :smile:

Reactions: matt9566
I'm very very jealous of your paintwork. Mine is awful and really needs some TLC from a bodyshop...but manifold & 2nd remap from Engine Dynamics is coming first. Keep the updates coming so I can get some motivation to make mine look half as good as this!!

I'm very very jealous of your paintwork. Mine is awful and really needs some TLC from a bodyshop...but manifold & 2nd remap from Engine Dynamics is coming first. Keep the updates coming so I can get some motivation to make mine look half as good as this!!

The car doesn't look actually as good close up in all honesty, It would really benefit from a proper detail but it's definitely good enough for now and the money for a detail can be spent elsewhere.

Thanks for the kind comments!

Similar Thread Suggestions