Manifold similar to the RS2 manifolds?

Doogle

Winner - POTM March 2018
Has anyone thought about creating a manifold similar to the RS2 manifold created for the 172/182? Is there a reason these wont just fit?

images.jpeg

There's no point as you'll lose torque and no doubt power as well. Runners too short, plenum volume and design piss poor....I could go on.

They won't fit a 197/200 as the ports are in a different position and they're also larger.

Reactions: Sean197
There's no point as you'll lose torque and no doubt power as well. Runners too short, plenum volume and design piss poor....I could go on.

They won't fit a 197/200 as the ports are in a different position and they're also larger.

From reading up most seem pretty happy with their manifolds. They are ment to increase the torque range and gain some bhp, is that not the case?

From reading up most seem pretty happy with their manifolds. They are ment to increase the torque range and gain some bhp, is that not the case?
The 172 f4r is a completely different engine with regards to how it responds to tuning mate. They gain torque lower down the rpm range when compared to the oe manifold, but they lose 10lbft further up the range. As for hp, it's only a slight increase in top end hp.

I've been on track in a mk2 clio with the oe inlet and grp n timing and eaten a rs2 equipped mk2 alive. Grp n timing doesn't give the hp gains you'd get from the rs2 either. For me it was 170-175bhp at best.

Having built a hybrid 172/197 engine I know just how good the oe inlet is on the 197/200, as I made 230bhp and 181lbft of torque.

Reactions: Doogle and Sean197