Magnex 200 cell sports cat

Less restrictive yes. 100 cell is even less restrictive but retains some back pressure. Decat is noisy and sometimes breaks track regulations.

People seem to live back pressure on here for some reason.

In actual fact exhausts are designed around pulse tuning.

Anyway the less restrictions in an exhaust system the better.

I wouldn't waste you cash on a sport cat.

A de cat or better yet a complete straight through exhausts with both the cats removed would be the best option.

I hope this helps.

People seem to live back pressure on here for some reason.

In actual fact exhausts are designed around pulse tuning.

Anyway the less restrictions in an exhaust system the better.

I wouldn't waste you cash on a sport cat.

A de cat or better yet a complete straight through exhausts with both the cats removed would be the best option.

I hope this helps.

be a slight problem....noise regs/mot pass !

probably sound like an f1 racer 8)

I get mots through the post so no problem there and I have just explained the noise regs.

Again, track days are not an issue with your off the shelf cat back exhaust that is de catted. It passes the noise regs test easy.

As for taking the second cat out of the Clio exhaust it still passes emissions tests with it removed.

Dont know about the sports cat but I had nothing but problems with my magnex cat back on the 182, think I had about 15 replacements.

I wouldn't get a magnet again, straight through they sons very "tinny"

And the centre silencers are huge, it was about 100mm diameter at least. It used to catch on every bump it was horrible.

I get mots through the post so no problem there and I have just explained the noise regs.

Again, track days are not an issue with your off the shelf cat back exhaust that is de catted. It passes the noise regs test easy.

As for taking the second cat out of the Clio exhaust it still passes emissions tests with it removed.

if to loud still an mot fail !

Again, de catted they are not too loud for brittish roads.

maybe so but if you get a mot jobs worth.....

"The system emits appreciably more noise than a similar vehicle fitted with a standard system in good condition." :shout:

This is why cars are such a pain :tongueout:

I had a Harley with a straight through exhaust and it got through MOTs, car regulations are such a pita

maybe so but if you get a mot jobs worth.....

"The system emits appreciably more noise than a similar vehicle fitted with a standard system in good condition." :shout:

Again, de catted exhausts pass the noise mot test.

For starters a few members on hear have had there de catted clios through mots.

I actually had a vts pass emmisions and noise years ago.

So yes it is still legal.

unless your having stand alone management on the car there no point in decating as your cant map out the flat spot.

Again, de catted exhausts pass the noise mot test.

For starters a few members on hear have had there de catted clios through mots.

I actually had a vts pass emmisions and noise years ago.

So yes it is still legal.

technically if it passes the mot doesnt mean it is "legal" ie after market hid lights - passes an mot but they are far from "legal" as they do not meet uk c&u regs - same goes for a "decat" as the vehicle was homologated with one and therefore if its not there technically it is "illegal" - an mot is not the be all and end all of a vehicle being "legal" and compliant to uk road vehicle regulations

its just nice when you find an mot tester that doesnt really know the law and c&u regs....

Magical, all that for that conclusion.

Ryan; what in gods name do you need aftermarket management for?

OEM ECUs are very easily re mapped to a very high standard.

You only need to go aftermarket management when building a die hard track toy that will have no cold start map etc.

Chip wizards can map OEM Ecus to run throttle bodies,'super chargers and turbos etc etc.