LY200 - too loud or blow up again, taking bets!

More than a month with no updates?! I'm not sure I can handle any more emotional roller coasters!

Yep indeed! And were basically at the end of the nice weather too so I could have actually been working on the car myself in this time which is the hugley frustrating thing! Could have shaved a few weeks and saved some money off things :worried:
More than a little dejected again atm, but just have to trust in the end product which is I guess the point of it all.

I'm quite apprehensive about getting it back if I'm honest, I was all excited 4 months ago, but now I've got 4 months of nagging doubt and 2nd guessing that's built up on me now - not to mention if things aren't quite how I want.

is the loom for the scs delta 800 ? looks so good

Yeah in essence I have had the factory loom and SCS adapter harness rebuilt with proper materials and into a single loom, although I have requested that the SCS be moved to under the glovebox and a Deutsch milspec connector be installed on the bulkhead to allow for easy removal of the loom engine bay side. This should in theory keep the full functionality of the car as it was before (and why I went P'n'P first off) in tact, but be of course much neater and in the long run more reliable.
I have requested some other changes too:
-Adding in the SCS wideband in place of the 2 oem narrow band sensors.
-Adding in oil pressure, oil temp and fuel pressure sensors to the ECU loom, so I can map fail safes around those and hopefully stop blowing up engines!
-Adding in an additional CAN output so I can take all the data via a single output to the AiM Datalogger.
-Change the TPS wiring over to cable throttle. I have asked that all 5 DBW wires be taken to the Jenvey TPS, this way if I ever decide to run the Jenvey DBW unit I can change the plug over and not have any wiring headaches as all the wires will be there. I'm thinking because it's a road car first and foremost idle control is just better on DBW units. All depends how I like the final positioning of the cable throttle pedal and how well it copes in the cold and hot for idle.
-Oh and a launch control switch, because, well, ign cut pops and bangs!! lol

I've no idea if all this was done though, but 4 months ago it was all articulated so fingers crossed! I'm a glass half empty sort of person though so time will tell :anguished:

Wiring looks spot on and the ideas/safety features you’re adding to it sound perfect too. One of the main advantages of running stand alone is being able to calibrate things like that also being able to easily feed that data into the dash too for the data logging. Job for mine one day in the future!
Keep the updates coming when you get them. I’m sure everything will be right when you get it back, if it was me though i’d be on the phone or over there itching to get involved and make sure it was done right. Especially if it was a job I wasn’t doing myself!

Reactions: Beany
Any updates Rich? Your thread is such a wealth of knowledge!

Getting there :smile: Loom is fitted, has the bits I wanted too with DBW etc (I'm such a worrier!). And on some spare pins it's been setup for a sequential box and display too apparently, just in case I ever get the urge to make it a rhd Cup Racer on steroids!!

Got a work in progress pic and there was still a bit to do here, but most of it's done now since. However still needs the battery re-mounting and that general area tidying still.

Was also a delay with coolant hoses, and when they turned up mk2 ones did - so the 'fix' is run matching ProGold lines in a -20 JIC fitment. This of course needs the rad and thermostat housing etc re-welding with the -20 threads on.
Will look awesome though in black hose, black fittings with the gold crimps - all matching the fuel, oil and breather lines :smiley:
I'm thinking the coolant expansion tank will stay as is for now, but that might be a candidate for swapping to something nicer later on.

I think that's about it, really hoping to get it back soon, possibly before xmas?!

46451730_2117986918240133_6403217349758943232_o.jpg

Need updates, starting to get nervous again!

Indeed! I'm promised this coming week it will be done, leaving only an MOT and mapping to sort. There should be nothing out standing now from a hardware perspective. Oh I ended up going for a new expansion tank with matching ProGold lines to/from.
I'm somewhat at a loss as to how it's been best part of 8 months, and to get it back in the midst of winter with salted roads isa bit shit because it'll be friggin ages before I can use it. Just done my insurance renewal too which means an entire year wasted - in fact checking my mileage declarations I've done 401 miles since the renewal in Feb 17!! :worried:

I have mocked up a couple of images in PS though I think I will go with...

14762814157_e896cfa5fc_k-17.jpg

or LY wheels!!

14762814157_e896cfa5fc_k-16.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cliosport-carl Spotted 0
Zeezal Projects/Progress Threads 7
tkoh12 Clios For Sale 0
CL10 PAZ Spotted 0
tkoh12 Spotted 0