LY200/197 Zürich Oerlikon - CH (Switzerland)

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Are you on here???

Spotted you when I was on (very nice) train coming out station, youngster.

Love your country, and your people, and your car :smile:

Last edited:
I'm in Zurich. Mine's a white 200, but it's sufficiently dirty that you could have mistaken it for LY. Backspin - do you do any track days? I'm looking for options beyond those offered by Renault; Anneau and Dijon probably.

Hy mate!

Are you sure you saw an 200? http://clio197.net/forum/images/smilies/new/001_smile.gif I'm from Zurich Oerlikon, but ive got an LY197 ;-)

Actually, I only saw the top of the car, so I have no positive way of telling!

I assumed, being Switzerland, that the 197 would be too old looking for such a modern country :wink:

Tell me something, How do you deal with prices being so ridiculous there? CHF12,50 for a Mc Donalds meal? CHF8,- for a pack of 4AA batteries?!?!?!? CHF15,- for Currywurst and chips.

LOLOLOL!!!! Do you al earn about CHF15.000 an day?!?!?!

I saw fuel prices at CHF1,74 per litre in Gieshubel - is that a fair representation?

Actually, I only saw the top of the car, so I have no positive way of telling!

I assumed, being Switzerland, that the 197 would be too old looking for such a modern country :wink:

Tell me something, How do you deal with prices being so ridiculous there? CHF12,50 for a Mc Donalds meal? CHF8,- for a pack of 4AA batteries?!?!?!? CHF15,- for Currywurst and chips.

LOLOLOL!!!! Do you al earn about CHF15.000 an day?!?!?!

I saw fuel prices at CHF1,74 per litre in Gieshubel - is that a fair representation?

197 too old for switzerland?! - probably you are right :huh:
Now you see, why Switzerland is not that rich as assumed. All the money goes away with that prices! :thumbdown: The people earn more, but have also to pay more... In fact, we have not more money than you! :wink: But it's sooooooooo a nice country! :jase2:

CHF 1.74 per litre is a normal price. Shell V-power cost about CHF 1.82 :jumpon:

197 too old for switzerland?! - probably you are right :huh:
Now you see, why Switzerland is not that rich as assumed. All the money goes away with that prices! :thumbdown: The people earn more, but have also to pay more... In fact, we have not more money than you! :wink: But it's sooooooooo a nice country! :jase2:

CHF 1.74 per litre is a normal price. Shell V-power cost about CHF 1.82 :jumpon:

It is the best country I have ever been to!

We went to Uetliberg yesterday too, what a truly stunning place!

Your bank notes are stunning too :smile:

It is the best country I have ever been to!

We went to Uetliberg yesterday too, what a truly stunning place!

Your bank notes are stunning too :smile:

Uetliberg is really a very nice place. Have you been to Switzerland for business reasons?
Our bank notes are stunning? :tongueout:roud: We have just no Euro! :clap:

Last edited:
Uetliberg is really a very nice place. Have you been to Switzerland for business reasons?
Our bank notes are stunning? :tongueout:roud: We have just no Euro! :clap:

No, I was there for 1 day only for fun. I have been for 1 day 5 times before as I love it there so much!

You are a good country not having the Euro, or being part of the European Union, and you still get the same benefits as a country that is part of the EU.

Next time, I will ring you, and you can drive me round the area and show me the mountains (Raperswil) :smile:

No, I was there for 1 day only for fun. I have been for 1 day 5 times before as I love it there so much!

You are a good country not having the Euro, or being part of the European Union, and you still get the same benefits as a country that is part of the EU.

Next time, I will ring you, and you can drive me round the area and show me the mountains (Raperswil) :smile:

You come from England to Zurich for only one day?:liambo: *thumb up! :smile:*
Yes, we are confident about our political situation...
No problem, just give me a call and I show you Zurich :wink:. Also the mountains if you want, but not in Rapperswil! :wink:

You come from England to Zurich for only one day?:liambo: *thumb up! :smile:*
Yes, we are confident about our political situation...
No problem, just give me a call and I show you Zurich :wink:. Also the mountains if you want, but not in Rapperswil! :wink:

I do indeed! 6 times now for 1 day.

London - Zürich = 1h10 = 0950am
Zürich - London - 2125pm

No luggage so straight off plane into Flüghafen Zürich Bahn - Zürich HB - then you have 9-10 hours doing whatever!

Ich liebe!

Hy mpc. Yes, I will probably do some track days, but on the Hockenheim Ring in Germany on the 18. & 19. of July. Here the link:

http://www.acs.ch/ch-de/sport-freizeit/motorsport/ausbildung.asp?navid=40

It's not fixed yet, but i have it in mind. Are you also interested? I'ts not a conventionally track day, it's more a training with the option of a racing licence.

Hmm, that ACS thing is a bit expensive (chf 1150) and Hockenheim is not my favourtie track, but thanks for the tip. It's always good to know what's out there. I'll see how keen I am nearer the time.

I'm doing Spa on 26 April, probably Nurburgring on 17th June and am looking at Chenevières on 19 March.....

http://myboutique.circuit-chenevieres.fr/index.php/infos/19-03-2011-journee-roulage

Yeah, what's with the 17th June trip? I see it's already the longest thread in history. Are you just planning to turn up for tourist laps? Renault France are supposed to be holding a track day on the 17th but it's not bookable yet.

Lol yup it is one massive thread. Yeah we were planning on the tourist laps on the 18-20th I believe. May sound like a silly question, but where will the details of the Renult France trackday be put up when it is announced?

Well I say 'we', Mike claims that he won't be going around this year... he will be! :wink:

The calendar is here
http://www.renault-sport.com/fr/journees_passion/calendrier.php

But although the Nurburgring date's been up for a while, you still can't sign up for it yet. Also, they cryptically write that it will be run along a different format to their other days but don't say exactly what this means. I hope it's not a 'follow me' type thing with no overtaking.

Paul = :ban:

MPC we will be there from Friday 17th June to Tuesday 21st June.

Would be good to see someone from my new favourite city :smile:

If I manage to book on to the Renault day then I'll stay on Saturday too for some tourist laps. We'll have a chance to meet up then. Looking forward to it.

That the hell!? Why am I banned now... I was getting another .net user to meet us at the ring! :-p

Similar Thread Suggestions