lowering recaro position seat

Still want to lower my drivers position with recaro seats but dont want to buy that expensive kit from belgium or from where which lowers it for 4cm but costs 400 euros. Some days ago, i saw a ford focus rs 2 generation, which got also our recaro seat but it got better mounting kit and looks much lower than ours. What do you think about it ? Would it fit to clio and would it be good and low enough ? 7CAFD405-8B01-4BA4-958D-6008DE1D8BC3-1041-0000007071854677.jpg

Anything can be made to fit.

You'll probably find that the lower holes for mounting to the chassis are nothing like the clios holes.

The Ford Recaro height is higher than the Clios. At least with the Clio you have the height adjustment. Look how high that seat is.

Have you ever sat in a Focus RS? The seats are higher. I put my Recaro onto its lowest position the day I got it and forgot about. Doesn't bother me at all now.

Yes its higher but thats because all that sit mounting is mounted high, the floor is made higher. The side fitting kit or that one which is holding seat to the lines which are on the floor are lower and thats why i am thinking about it. In focus rs is the floor higher and thats why you sit higher not because the seat mounting kit.

Having sat in both a meg and clio the meg driving position is much better compared to the clio's. I have fixed buckets in my 200 and the driving position improves the car massively as you are actually sat in it. The standard renault seats make great armchairs too (yes they are in my living room)!

I can fully understand why someone would want to do this but I don't think there's a cheap and easy off the shelf solution is there?

Surely a group buy would do well on a set of subframes to lower the seating position of the front seats. Someone will have the tools and brains to do it. Seems like a good, simple way for a business as many cars suffer from the same problem.

There's a guy on RS megane does something similar for the Megs, Steve1. He may be able to do something similar for the Clios ?

Ah sorry i can see it now :smile: thats perfect. is somebody here who is going to buy it and mount ? some photos will be great. but i am afriad of the post price to Slovakia :/

Last week I went to a local guy and he's going to look what he can do to lower the frame off the recaros. I told him that there is quite a bit of interest to lower the recaro seats. So when he has something sorted out I'll let you guys know and maybe we can help you guys too :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions