lower suspension ball joint?????

Looked at other threads and people can't make there mind up if they can change the ball joint or if it needs a new wishbone.

Car come back from mot today and has slight play in the steering on the offside lower suspension ball joint
joint.

Help please!!!

You mentioned wishbone, do you know which balljoint actually needs replacing? The one Fernandez has had replaced, and links to above is not the balljoint attached to the wishbone, it's the one that is part of the hub. I think you need to find out for sure which wishbone they actually mean (there's quite a few on the 197!)

was at k-tec today for service and to get new lower off side wishbone done as that's what they told me where I took it for an mot but k-tec have now told me I need a new hub carrier £439 for the part and fitting

Well that's the by Fernandez linked to, can be repaired at a much smaller cost. You really should have got a better diagnosis than trusting the MOT guy. Some don't know their arse from there elbow. (Not all, just some!)

did is ktec just put the wishbone on either checking it was really needed? Bad on there part too I think.

I'm also looking at replacing the bottom ball joints. The guy at the garage showed me the bits I need.

Where can I get the parts from, does anyone know? A chap posted this pic somewhere else on the forum of the bits...

brands_btcc2012_041_zps8fea15ea.jpg

Thanks!

R - Sport in Wimbledon would be your best bet. Fire their name into Google for their number.

Well that's the by Fernandez linked to, can be repaired at a much smaller cost. You really should have got a better diagnosis than trusting the MOT guy. Some don't know their arse from there elbow. (Not all, just some!)

did is ktec just put the wishbone on either checking it was really needed? Bad on there part too I think.

they never but the wishbone on as they said no point as it wont fix the problem

I thought the lower ball joint was part of the hub assembly and not the wishbone, or at least it was when I had to change a ball joint on our 197.

I'm being told by two parts depts that you cannot buy the ball joint separately...but people have replaced their own. What's the reality here? Can I buy the bits, or do I need to spend £180 each on a new assembly?

You can't buy the separate ball joints from Renault but you can from Renault sport, you need R-Sport in Wimbledon for those parts, it's what they supply to the race teams in the Clio cup.

aaaahhhhh!! i payed £210 a side from my local renault dealership as i could not source these on there own. i fitted the whole assembly which wasnt too bad to do tbh! didnt look to bad to do the ball joint on its own though when they fail again i will defo be sourceing them on there own haha!

I to went to Aaron's Autos, 400 mile trip for me, saved me over £2k compared to Renault, cost me £140 a side 12 month warranty, top service, top guy. Did mine on a Saturday morning as well.

I to went to Aaron's Autos, 400 mile trip for me, saved me over £2k compared to Renault, cost me £140 a side 12 month warranty, top service, top guy. Did mine on a Saturday morning as well.

This was what I did. Really was great.