Lid off airbox... Ok so people weren't BSing

I've heard a few people talking about induction kits noise compared with the lid off the airbox that holds the filter. Now to be honest I thought people were talking **** or the old placebo. So I decided to drive around earlier a bit with the lid off to see for myself. And all I can say is it did make a fair bit more noise!

why does just the lid make a difference? It can't be that much more air in surely? Defo makes me want a proper induction setup now :smile:

The lid seals in the air filter, best with it on :thumbup1:

You may have noticed it being a lot louder if the filter wasn't fitted correctly as a result.

The lid seals in the air filter, best with it on :thumbup1:

You may have noticed it being a lot louder if the filter wasn't fitted correctly as a result.

Typical Renault tbh.

I had a ITG panel filter. It went to Renault for a service. Got the car back and the induction noise sounded the same. Opened the engine bay to find the lid not fitted properly and they'd replace the itg panel with a standard one....tools

We lost the air box lid on our old R27 it made an alright induction noise but to be honest on my 200 I still have the lid on and no plans to remove it :thumbsup:

I cleaned my ITG filter a few weeks ago, and didn't clip the lid back on properly (by accident). Driving a 30 mile journey - mixed driving - I could feel a loss in power and certainly louder! Opened the bonnet and noticed I hadn't put the lid on correctly.

This was a hot day so the loss of power, albeit marginal, could have been heat soak. Either way, it was a deeper intake sound.