Lake District

Has anyone ever been? We are looking at going there in June/July so looking for ideas on where to go around that area and places to stay.
Any recommendations gratefully received.

I don't think you can really go wrong with the Lakes, pretty much everywhere is stunning.

I have stayed in Coniston quite alot there is some nice B&Bs and hotels there.

We went to Kirkoswald over Valentine's Weekend last year.

Stayed in a lovely little cottage and made the most of the nice roads and nice views. Did a big lap of Conniston, Windemere and another biggie (sorry, memory failure). We even went to the International Marmalade Festival which was fantastic!!! It's such a nice place and very tourist friendly.

Rented our cottage (Incybella) through http://www.cottages4you.co.uk/ . £185 for three nights I think it was. Well worth it. :smile:

the lakes is absolutely fantastic. I would LOVE to move me and my family up there. We stay on southwaite farm, situated near cockermouth. Some cracking opportunities to have some brilliant pictures done aswell Maz!! and the roads..... OMG enough said haha, just be careful though.

It's ace up there Maz, not too expensive either when you're out and about... As you probably know having used to live in Cumbria!!! :smile: It was a lovely break. I'd like to go back with the intention of having a driving holiday at some point. I reckon it'd be a right laugh if there was a few of you in a cottage. Some of them are easily big enough for 5-6 and most have ample parking too.

The museum at Conniston was a good trip out. Not the most modern or interactive museum but it was a very interesting place and there was a massive area dedicated to the speed record attempts. Including a Rolls Royce engine that was simply HUUUGE.